Cafe Racers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cafe Racers

Has anyone seen these? The oldschool look really does it for me. They look like some cool classic spin-offs. Does anyone have one of these or know anyone that does?

I'd love to get a motorcycle because I infatuated the idea of them, but I'm not into super-fast sport bikes. [I would die] So I've been looking for something a little more tame but still with that cool factor and I think I've found what I want to build.

Greg

i just picked up a 78 cb550 last week actually
    Originally posted by blunt
    can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

really? do you have plans for it?
      Greg

Comment

love these bikes! you can get hondas from the '70s and convert them to cafe' stile bikes.
        เว็บหวยออนไลน์ที่น่าเล่น แจกโบนัสเยอะ อัตราจ่ายสูง เล่นหวยออนไลน์ หลายคนคงอยากที่จะรู้ว่า เว็บไหนที่หมาะสำหรับการเล่น มีความถูกต้องปลอดภัย

my friend has a '74 honda cb360. its his first bike so he is starting small. im helping him work on it.
        sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

That is the mother load thread.

My father owns a 1974 Benelli and he just picked up a 196X something off road Benelli. Cafe Racer's are awesome!

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

i've been thinking about this too recently. i like motorcycles, but i don't want a crotchrocket. something like a ducati 900m or w/e is cool imo. but these look nice too....
            1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
            1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
            1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
            1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
            1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
            I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

One day I'll get to build one, got a norton commando 850 just waiting.
              Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                love these bikes! you can get hondas from the '70s and convert them to cafe' stile bikes.
                เว็บหวยออนไลน์ที่น่าเล่น แจกโบนัสเยอะ อัตราจ่ายสูง เล่นหวยออนไลน์ หลายคนคงอยากที่จะรู้ว่า เว็บไหนที่หมาะสำหรับการเล่น มีความถูกต้องปลอดภัย

my friend has a '74 honda cb360. its his first bike so he is starting small. im helping him work on it.
                that's my plan. it would be my first bike.. and like i'm doing with cars: learn it by tearing it apart and building it better than it's ever been.

for you guys that know people that have these: is is really expensive? i think i'd leave the motors pretty near stock at first, and just work on making it run reliably and look the way I want. Am i crazy for feeling like in comparison to an e30 they'd be rather inexpensive?

this is way above anything i'd dream of.. but its effing awesome.
                Last edited by learningcurve86; 06-03-2009, 10:57 AM. Reason: picture
                Greg

Comment

My friend has a couple of them, he restores and races vintage bikes. I don't have any pics.
                  Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                  If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
                  Originally posted by J3M93
                  This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

check this place out
                    sigpic
                    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

$835 for the seat and tank i would want :( -i think i should learn how to fabricate.
                      Greg

Comment

this is more like an original chopper.
                        when the vets came back from wwll they got really into the bikes they had ridden in the service over in europe (mostly harleys). the fad back then was to take everything off the bike that was not 100% essential for the bike to function. hence the name "chopper." the british version of this was the cafe racer. they were called cafe racers because kids would challenge one anther to races between cafes.
                        it wasn't till the late '60s and '70s that choppers evolved into what we know them as now.
                        Last edited by deutschman; 06-04-2009, 08:16 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

thanks! i'm just starting to get into these, but the more i see/read the more i want to do this.
                          Greg

Comment

www.dotheton.com its got to be the best cafe site out there!

Comment

really diverse setups!
                              Greg

Comment

Working...
                              X