OFFICIAL: Off-Roading and 4x4 Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    Im gonna try and do same thing next year, probably with more planning, group sites, a schedule, etc.
    and 33's and sliders... for me anyways lol

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Ive decided on skinny 33s and some flat fenders with tube edges. 2in body lift, and maybe some shims to increase spring lift.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

^

255/85-16 man I love the look and both sets I have had function awesome from DD to Most ORV situations very very well
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          ^

255/85-16 man I love the look and both sets I have had function awesome from DD to Most ORV situations very very well

On a smaller truck like the suzuki, 235/85 16 would be a good choice too.
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I have been considering 255/85's too. I think they look pretty rad.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

255/80-17s I am running, Same over all dimensions other than the hole in the middle

IMG_8828 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

maybe, Id like to stick with 15s tho, and maybe do beadlocks, the suzuki feels like more of a crawler then a trail rig with how bouncy it is.

but tall and skinny like on that white toyota for the suzuki would be great.
                willschnitz

Comment

^
                  same size as mine with just a little more sidewall

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                    On a smaller truck like the suzuki, 235/85 16 would be a good choice too.
                    That's a good size. Tall and skinny is the way to go in most cases (I don't live in the land of mud and I don't rip trails up - quiet & slow...).

I know it's not the LR thread, sorry, but these are all 235/85-16...

KM2's
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	tire 235 85 16 BFG MT KM2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	7190968

Standard expedition wear on a Defender - lots of sidewall

Name:	D110 susp.jpg
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	7190969

Name:	110 climb AZ.jpg
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	7190970

Name:	GJackson 110 Africa.jpg
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	7190971

D1 needs some lift and some quarter panel trimming to clear...

Name:	white steelies rock.jpg
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	7190972

schnitz! I saw your exact Suzuki today - no doors, no top, tall tires.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                      sup nerds

Ugliest Tacoma I've ever seen.

Comment

Used my pro photoshop skills to mock up the plan for samurai. Probably imagine a 2in body lift with this too for more flex room.

But I like this flat fender idea.

willschnitz

Comment

^ The squared off fender openings really suit the rest of the body in my opinion , i think you are on to something there.
                          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Mock up Mk2
                            Before:

After:
                            willschnitz

Comment

I think im going to get a Hydro for the Suzuki so I can hold it on hills while i let clutch out.
                              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                                I think im going to get a Hydro for the Suzuki so I can hold it on hills while i let clutch out.
                                Good idea. I have never used one, but I wish I would have had it in some situations!
                                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Working...
                                X