Megasquirt e30 starts and dies right away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megasquirt e30 starts and dies right away

Okay I just got a megasquirt from diytunimg for my e30 and they said it has a base tune in it but when I start my car it just dies like 2 seconds after. Pushing on the gas does nothing and all the gauges say everything is fine until it dies. I plug the 173 ecu back in and it starts right up so any help would be nice
    "Happiness isn't around the corner, happiness IS the corner"

Going to need a lot more information. Stock car? what is your ms configuration

Comment

you probably need some more warm up enrichment or afterstart enrichment until it gets warmed up
      318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

I have a seta block with the 885 head and 19lb fuel injectors. I'm very new to this but I want to learn how to tune my car. But for now I just wanna get it running in the megasquirt so I can take it and get it tuned professionally. But the guys from diyauto said is has a base tune and that's about it. They weren't much help

Comment

To be fair, they aren't really responsible for your education in tuning. The base map won't work with 19lb injectors unless you have O2 sensor feedback setup and calibrated, or you make the adjustments for the injection flow rating difference. Read the mega manual and learn the basics of what you need to know before jumping into a standalone ECU.

Sent from my Robin using Tapatalk
          Last edited by squidmaster; 05-29-2017, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I never said they were just a response woulda been nice. But okay thank you I'll figure it out I guess

Comment

the msextra forums are much more helpful than most of the clowns on this site
              FS NY: two Audiobahn A235HC amps and audiobahn 1farad capacitor
              Saab/GM tech2 programming
              My for sale thread
              1990 325iX for sale or part out
              Did you buy something from me? Please leave feedback!

Originally posted by K20RI_211
              And I have to ask if you make a hobby out of thread-bombing with retarded questions?

Comment

Originally posted by chase_mull3r View Post
                I never said they were just a response woulda been nice. But okay thank you I'll figure it out I guess
                I have a fair bit of knowledge with tuning megasquirt as Ive done almost all of my tuning myself on my e30.

PM me if you havent figured this out yet and ill be more than happy to help you with what I can.

Comment

Working...
                X