92 Mtech vert LS daily driver swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bmk View Post
    I'm debating taking out the convertible top and just run it with no top or just the hardtop gotta save some weight right.... haha
    no silly! you already have crazy power to weight ratio as it is. getting caught in a freak thunderstorm with no top will change your mind fast.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Could you post a parts list for that blower setup? I would love to do the same thing. Do you think you will be able to fit it under the stock hood?
      Last edited by Pootis; 06-07-2017, 08:32 AM.
      1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
      COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Lower intake came today and ordered some aluminum for the adapter plate. Real nice piece. Way easier than fabbing something from scratch.

Also got some fresh canvas installed. Should have done that 4 years ago.

'92 MTech cabrio: Tesla P85 powered

IG: telsa_bimmer

'95 Alpine M3 5.3 LS, Precision 7675, TH400/Gear Vendors OD
        10.4@136 pump gas at 3530lbs. (SOLD)

Comment

I mean, I'm basically done, right? Need to use some stubby injectors. I may need to space the blower up 1/2". We'll see after the intake bolt holes are drilled and I actually get some injectors mounted.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
            no silly! you already have crazy power to weight ratio as it is. getting caught in a freak thunderstorm with no top will change your mind fast.
            Lol freak thunderstorms don't typically happen in San Diego
            Worlds 1st LS powered e30 cabby.
            Cab
            billac: 92 Lagunengrün cabriolet + cadillac LQ9 + Nitrous + rotiform SJC

Raphael: 88 Lagunengrün IX + Hella 500's + Red ACS type 1's

Shaggin Wagon
            : 01 325xiT 5 speed

91 MR2 GT3076TS + E85 = 505whp + antilag = wheelies
            88 CRX OEM+ 42mpg DD.

Comment

What gauge of aluminum did you go with for your adapter plate?
              1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933

Comment

3/8"

Ill post some more pics this weekend. I have the plate drilled and made a blower mounted idler pulley bracket. Just need to locate the idler pulley and cut the adapter plate for the pressurized airflow. Then its just a matter of buying injectors, mounting the rails and finishing the throttle body adapter. That may need to get angled further downward.

Hood clearance is going to be close. I may need to use subframe spacers that the M60 guys use, but It might juuuuuust clear without.

Comment

So the car was down for a few days due to a jammed up steering lock so I took the opportunity to mock up stuff. it almost clears the hood but I'm going to need some subframe spacer like used in an M60 swap. That'll get me the clearance I need.

The Magnuson lower intake is so deep the valley cover needed countersunk flat heads

Should have the blower "kit" ready to bolt on by next weekend.

Comment

Last pics mocked up on the motor. Just need to do some fueling stuff and it should be a 1-2 hour bolt on ordeal when I'm ready for final install. I'd rather run a Ford Racing cable throttle body mounted on the blower to clean things up, but fuck if I'm gonna spend $600-700 on a throttle body. The elephant trunk will suffice. I'll probably like it better with some black wrinkle powdercoat. Need to call Gates in the morning and see if they have a green stripe 6 rib 94" belt.

Comment

Wow, amazing work!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

This is really cool. You should produce those adapter plates. I bet several people on LS1Tech (myself included) would buy one. Also are you just going to use a gt500 heat exchanger?

Comment

No heat exchanger. Keeping this as low as possible. Im going to be spraying water/meth to deal with the heat.

Its close to clearing the hood. Just orders subframe spacers and that should get me what I need.

Ive gotten a few requests on the plate kit already, so I'll probably end up offering something. I need to get some miles on mine first.
                          Last edited by jon volk; 06-19-2017, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Any updates...???

Comment

Working...
                            X