Hardtop window issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardtop window issues

Didn't have this issue when I had my softtop, it only started appearing after I put my hardtop on.

When I roll up my front windows, it seems to get caught in the rubber seal on the back window. I know that we can adjust the angle of the front window, I've done it before, but has this happened to anyone else?

Is the hardtop kind of flexing something...?

In my case, the PO had aligned the windows to an old original soft top that was misaligned and the tension straps were shot. The hardtop is the template and I realigned the windows to that and put them back to a what I believe is close to stock.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by spare View Post
      In my case, the PO had aligned the windows to an old original soft top that was misaligned and the tension straps were shot. The hardtop is the template and I realigned the windows to that and put them back to a what I believe is close to stock.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
      Thanks for the reply, should I re-adjust my windows to my hardtop? Would it mess up my soft-top afterward?

Comment

Originally posted by cspec View Post
        Thanks for the reply, should I re-adjust my windows to my hardtop? Would it mess up my soft-top afterward?
        I'm thinking that since the soft top can be repositioned by adding or removing shims whereas the hard top sits where it sits, you may want to adjust the windows to the hard top, then reposition the soft top to the windows...as long as it doesn't leak.

I actually close my doors by GENTLY pushing the upper corner of the glass just enough so it slips under the seals.
        Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
        Alice the Time Capsule
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
        87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
          I'm thinking that since the soft top can be repositioned by adding or removing shims whereas the hard top sits where it sits, you may want to adjust the windows to the hard top, then reposition the soft top to the windows...as long as it doesn't leak.

I actually close my doors by GENTLY pushing the upper corner of the glass just enough so it slips under the seals.
          I have never adjusted my soft top before, but I will make it my next weekend project! I always thought there was only one location to add shims? I noticed on mine it is stacked with quite a few.

Comment

Working...
          X