Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porsche Out of LMP1

From sportscar365:

"Porsche has confirmed that it will pull the plug on its factory LMP1 program at the end of the FIA World Endurance Championship season, one year early from its initial commitment.

The announcement came on Friday following a board-level decision outlining changes to the German manufacturer’s motorsports activities, including plans to enter Formula E in 2019 and an increased focus on GT racing.

Its withdrawal from top-level prototype racing comes as a significant blow to the WEC, which is now left with just Toyota as a registered LMP1 manufacturer for 2018, casting questions over the category’s future."

So, more fallout from VW dieselgate, as well as the incredible cost of running the complicated hybrid system of LMP1. Some say a WEC team can spend as much or more than an F1 program. It puts the LMP1 on pretty shaky ground, with Toyota considering withdrawing as well.

Nothing wrong with GT racing IMO.

Click image for larger version

Name:	h0u7i60zgwoksifzt58f.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	7192517

Comment

I watched a fair bit of Le Mans this year and was happy to see Porsche win after it seemed Toyota would prevail.

Also Assetto Corsa has the 919 in the Porsche pack and it's pretty fun to drive gaming..

so sad news.

I've been looking at 996 Turbos lately but practically need an SUV/Truck and am never selling the E30... decisions.

Comment

Oh how I miss the 356's

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

[ATTACH]116272[/ATTACH]

Comment

A Singer-Williams developed, 4.0, NA, air-cooled, flat 6 with 500hp.....

You’ve worked hard your whole life, or you made your money the American way, by inheriting most of it. You like speed and deserve nice things. But the idea of a new Porsche 911 bores you, and buying a used one is for plebes—no matter how good it is. You need something better, more special. So you turn your eyes to Sing…

Name:	leg92sxhgnneafc01kh0.jpg
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	7192670

Name:	pu99kymentoawte5mvlu.jpg
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	7192671

Comment

its cool how Singer repurposed the back windows to be the air intakes for the engine
              '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

[ATTACH]116653[/ATTACH]

Comment

Name:	DJ7yYoGUIAEw6DH.jpg-large.jpeg
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	7193061

Sebring 1971

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Wicked.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

^^ these two posts = grrrrrr....

Name:	P.jpg
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	7193153

Name:	P1.jpg
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	7193154

Comment

It's funny how things work out sometimes. A mutual friend put me in touch with Momo. They were looking for an e9 to shoot for a new wheel. Things went on and they ended up doing a shoot here of their Porsche as well. Fun day.

Shot with my potato (they were packing some serious gear).

ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by e30rapidic View Post
                            its cool how Singer repurposed the back windows to be the air intakes for the engine

I'm surprised that Porsche didn't do that earlier
                            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a Modified 1976 Porsche 911 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #6,406.

I could have sworn I saw these pics / owner in this thread a while back but for the life of me cant track down the actual post here.
                              Steve • Toronto
                              1991 318is • Brillantrot
                              Build Thread

Comment

Yeah, me too. Must be back quite a few pages.

Comment

Working...
                                X