R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > General Forums > Off Topic Lounge > Politics and Religion

Old Today, 06:08 AM   #106
parkerbink
R3V OG

Send a message via AIM to parkerbink Send a message via MSN to parkerbink Send a message via Yahoo to parkerbink
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbonder View Post
So much for a common humanity. You realize that the people that live in North Korea, the average citizen, has absolutely no control over who their leader is or what he does.

To put an historical perspective on what you are talking about doing, take a look at what the US did to the German city of Dresden during WWII. Despite the fact that the city was occupied primarily by civilians, the US military fire-bombed the entire city, something like over 20,000 incendiary bombs in one evening, completely leveling everything there, killing something like 90% of the population. This act has been completely condemned by the world over and deemed completely unnecessary for the execution of the war. It is a tremendous black mark on the US's military efforts during WWII and is still spoken about as one of the worst military decisions ever made because of the needless destruction of human life.

That's what you are talking about, nothing political about stating the obvious, that your stance is the incorrect one.
First the death figures were much closer to 25k not the inflated 200-500k revisionist historians claim.

Second I submit considering the appaling way the Nazis conducted the war they got what they had coming, and third that was a declared war and has nothing to do with what is gonig on now.

parkerbink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:35 AM   #107
mrsleeve
I waste 90% of my day here and all I got was this stupid title

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbonder View Post
So much for a common humanity. You realize that the people that live in North Korea, the average citizen, has absolutely no control over who their leader is or what he does.

To put an historical perspective on what you are talking about doing, take a look at what the US did to the German city of Dresden during WWII. Despite the fact that the city was occupied primarily by civilians, the US military fire-bombed the entire city, something like over 20,000 incendiary bombs in one evening, completely leveling everything there, killing something like 90% of the population. This act has been completely condemned by the world over and deemed completely unnecessary for the execution of the war. It is a tremendous black mark on the US's military efforts during WWII and is still spoken about as one of the worst military decisions ever made because of the needless destruction of human life.

That's what you are talking about, nothing political about stating the obvious, that your stance is the incorrect one.

I suppose your appalled by the fire bombing of Tokyo, Osaka, Nagouya, etc... and the deployment of Litte boy and Fat man to end the war as well then......

Parker is correct on all counts from a "historical perspective" as well
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
William Pitt-
mrsleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:40 AM   #108
BraveUlysses
No R3VLimiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsleeve View Post
I suppose your appalled by the fire bombing of Tokyo, Osaka, Nagouya, etc... and the deployment of Litte boy and Fat man to end the war as well then......

Parker is correct on all counts from a "historical perspective" as well
shouldn't we all be appalled by all of these incidents?

anyone quoting numbers of deaths should actually source a real historical account of to back up your assertions.
BraveUlysses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:41 AM   #109
BraveUlysses
No R3VLimiter

also, lets celebrate LBJ being banned.

good riddance
BraveUlysses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:50 AM   #110
z31maniac
I waste 90% of my day here and all I got was this stupid title

Send a message via AIM to z31maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveUlysses View Post
also, lets celebrate LBJ being banned.

good riddance
Yes. Let's not let him back again this time.

www.gutenparts.com
One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

z31maniac is offline   Reply With Quote