No announcement yet.

The Laguna Green e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great progress and awesome vert. Laguna Green is fast becoming my favorite color on E30s.

Comment

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
      Small world! Ya funny enough she still has it posted on Craigslist. I really regretted buying this thing for the first week but now with the new interior it's not that bad of a car at all. Have to ask.. Would have you passed on the car seeing the condition it was in before? I almost parted this thing out..
      I would've asked for an even lower price and would keep it for my niece when she's of legal driving age. You wouldnt trade for a 90' sedan would you? lol.
      - 98 M3 Cabrio
      Photo work: http://www.herbreal.com
      Instagram: @herbreal
      Twitter:the_herb_real

Comment

Got some more work done! Yesterday I had time after work to install some new outer tie rods, bleed the brakes with fresh Genuine BMW fluid, and best of all do an alignment. I also noticed some hack that did the brakes last stripped the allen fasteners so I even replaced those with some new OEM hardware.

Since lowing the car the steering wheels been a little crooked, likely because a car's alignment toe settings change drastically when you lower it. Also, you might be asking me why I'd only replace the outer tie rods and not the iners at the same time. Well I have a good answer, a shop some time in the previous owners past replaced the steering rack, and the new steering rack came with new inner tie rods. For whatever reason, the shop (or the previous owner) was too cheap to install/ buy new outer rods at the same time so the original BMW outer tie rods where re used. Man these things where toast. Car drives great now, so much better then when I first got it can't stress that enough!

All in all it looks like I'm coming down to the very last finishing touch's on the car. I drop it off for paint in about 2 weeks, besides that now its up to date on maintenance and ready to be driven and enjoined!

Few pic's, plus I found one additional pic from last weekend:

Last edited by KIRIEIW; 07-15-2017, 06:02 PM.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
        1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
        1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
        1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
        1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
        1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
        Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
        1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
        1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

I love that little bit of rake with how it sits right now. Makes it look nice and aggressive imo. Keep it coming, I'm liking the progress!
          "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
          The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by UlrichFennec View Post
            I love that little bit of rake with how it sits right now. Makes it look nice and aggressive imo. Keep it coming, I'm liking the progress!
            Thank you sir! I'm happy I didn't go with the H&R Race's, I think these give the perfect height especially since I'm running stock wheels.

Comment

Ok so today I got a little bit more work done, after work. I got lucky at the junk yard the other day and got 3 major bit's the car really needed. The first being the under dash kick panel. The car never came with one so I really needed one of those. The other two thing where a rear view mirror, which also wasn't included with the car.. and bumper trim piece since mine's cracked. Great deal, $21 bucks for all 3 pieces :D

One of my buddys a few weeks back also gave me his old airbag steering wheel, since the one in my car was in extremely rough and nasty condition. I mean seriously, there was mold growing on this thing when I removed the steering wheel cover the first week I owned it! The only draw back to this one is it's not leather like all the 325i convertibles originally came with, but I'm happy with it for now.

Onto the pics!

Also I don't know what it is, but it seem's like everyone cross threads these bolts.. I got my tap/ dye set out to fix it.

And the original steering wheel..

Comment

So just a small update, over the weekend I decided to do the valve cover gasket along with the 4 little plugs that tend to leak oil. Quick and easy job, I should have done it a few weeks back already but I've been pushing it off.

Also, I dropped the car off for paint yesterday afternoon! He'll be painting the trunk and the two front mirrors since they are the only panels really suffering from clear coat peal. I told him not to worry about re installing the 325i badge, and that I'd buy a brand new one to put back on later down the line. Should be done sometime next week :D

Last edited by KIRIEIW; 08-02-2017, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Looking great! I'll be doing that whole front end work myself this week or next. I think you have a little more experience with that sort of thing though ;).

Comment

The Laguna Green e30

Two quick iPhone pics to update you guys, got it back about 10min ago! (Don't mind the beautiful Bay Area traffic in the background)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great work and fast progress.
                      sigpic
                      January 2012 COTM

Comment

The Laguna Green e30

Thank you sir! Ok guys, just snapped a few pics right before leaving for work. The color match is AMAZING. Spot on no doubt, I was worried it might be off but he did an amazing job. I still need to put on the mirrors and 3rd brake light on later today because I took them off for the painter before I dropped off the car to make his life a little easier. I was also a little worried about the VIN sticker on the trunk, I forgot to tell him not to paint over that like some hacks do... He didn't paint it :D. Even all the trunk lid gaps are perfect, I'm really, really happy with the work.

Little bad news I forgot to share, I was making a close to full lock turn going a little fast, hit a bump and it dented the fender out last weekend :sad: I'll need to figure something out to fix it, I'm hoping a few taps with a piece of wood and a fender roll will fix it and keep it from happening again...

Anyways onto the pics.

Last edited by KIRIEIW; 08-09-2017, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Really nice work with that car, looks like a fantastic paint job too. I love how Laguna has a fair bit of blue that is more pronounced in certain light conditions and angles.

Comment

Originally posted by cblais19 View Post
                            Really nice work with that car, looks like a fantastic paint job too. I love how Laguna has a fair bit of blue that is more pronounced in certain light conditions and angles.
                            Same! If you weren't going to take a second look you'd think it's just a green car, but in the right light you see a hint of blue.. really cool!

So I finally had a chance to re install the 3rd brake light and put the mirrors back on. It's been a crazy week for me, I purchased another convertible, drove out to Reno for "Hot August Nights", and of course came back from vacation two weeks ago. Anyways, got it all installed and it looks great! I also had a chance to clean up the trunk, I regret not taking a before pic it was horrible.. I mean empty bottles all over the place, a jack from a Nissan, used socks, you name it, it was in there. Even the trunk mat was missing but luckily I was able to snag one up from the parts car I got the interior/ convertible top from.

Yes I know, I need to re install the side markers. Unfortunately one broke while being removed so I need to find another red one, which I most likely have an extra of someplace.

Comment

I like the progress you're making. Good work
                              Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                              Alice the Time Capsule
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                              87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Awesome job bringing this one back to life. Impressive job inside and out.

Your painter did a great job on the color match and that is stunning visual improvement!
                                1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
                                1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
                                September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
                                Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Working...
                                X