E30 M60 swap motor mounts conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 M60 swap motor mounts conversions

Although we have been supplying members with m60 swap kits for some time now, we never actually made a official for sale thread on r3v so here it is.

Allows the bolt up affair of m60 s60 m62 s62 bmw v8s into your e30 or e36 (e36 will require custom oil pan).

Features include:

- Made in the USA!

- Incredibly strong: Cad designed and tested

- Fully tig welded (certified)

- 10.9 grade subframe hardware included

- Two mounting positions included

- Come in bare steel ready for you to paint or powder coat!

Link to buy:
    BMW M6X V8 E30 CONVERSION MOUNTS It's here! Our M6X motor swap conversions for your M60/M62 swap into your E30! These motor mounts allow you to put BMWs M6X series V8 into your E30. That means the V8 from your E34 540i, E32 740i, E39 530,540, or M5. No hacking of the car is needed (completely reversible). Subframe

Instructions:
    Garagistic e30 m60 / m62 engine swap mount instructions: With our motor mount conversions there isnt too much involved to actually get your v8 into your e30. However there are some things that need to happen. Bmw made the driver side motor mount on many m60 and m62 cars with an oil block built in. You must either mill

M60 swap guide:
    So you want more power in your E30? Well then an M6x engine is definitely a great way of giving your E30 some more punch. The engines are cheap, the mounts are made available by Garagistic, the weight penalty is minimal, and the fun is endless. This guide is extremely detailed! It gets down into the details, part numbe

M6X e30/e36 swap mount conversions

We offer them in both steel and aluminum (aluminum will be a limited run).

All mounts come with optional use subframe spacers and hardware.

Link to buy:
    BMW M6X V8 E30 CONVERSION MOUNTS It's here! Our M6X motor swap conversions for your M60/M62 swap into your E30! These motor mounts allow you to put BMWs M6X series V8 into your E30. That means the V8 from your E34 540i, E32 740i, E39 530,540, or M5. No hacking of the car is needed (completely reversible). Subframe

We will try to keep the stock on this thread current. We usually stock a few, but sometimes we run out and it takes about 2 weeks. If you are in a hurry PM us to make sure we have them.

Pictures:

Steel version:

Aluminum version:

We also offer a full e30 v8 swap kit:

Here are the details on every item:
    The m6x e30 swap kit. Introducing the Garagistic LLC M6X swap kit. This is the complete kit to make your e30 a threat to moderns. Allows the bolt up of a few of BMWs mighty V8s found in 540s 740s X5s and M5s. If you speak BMW code, that translates into m60, m62, s60, and s62. No hacking of the car is needed (completely
    Last edited by garagistic; 07-22-2019, 08:03 AM.

wow.

with that kind of price point, we should be seeing alot more M60/62 swaps in the near future.

I paid over $400 for my type 5 m60 mounts directly from e30 300mm.de 3 years ago.

awesome initiative guys
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Lets hope so. A new era of e30 monster swaps!

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
      wow.

with that kind of price point, we should be seeing alot more M60/62 swaps in the near future.

I paid over $400 for my type 5 m60 mounts directly from e30 300mm.de 3 years ago.

awesome initiative guys

Comment

Makes me want to throw an m60 in. To keep the Seta engine or to v8. :drink:

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
          Makes me want to throw an m60 in. To keep the Seta engine or to v8. :drink:
          Man that's a difficult choice!!!
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
            Man that's a difficult choice!!!
            Yea I cant decide. Turbo or reliability.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
              Yea I cant decide. Turbo or reliability.
              Maybe a reliable supercharged v8?

Comment

So whats the downside of not using the subframe spacers? I know it will be a little more stress on the guibo but will it really be that bad? How far off would the angles be for the driveshaft?
                Last edited by mark///m3; 02-24-2013, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mark///m3 View Post
                  So whats the downside of not using the subframe spacers? I know it will be a little more stress on the guibo but will it really be that bad? How far off would the angles be for the driveshaft?
                  When we tested without it there was really no additional effect that could be felt. No extra vibrations which is what we were expecting or anything.

The spacer is only .75". Degree change is minimal. The center bearing ends up straighting out the back half of the driveshaft which may be why no vibrations are felt.

The only down may be as you said may be additional stress to the guibo.

If the spacers are a make it or break it issue, we also offer moving up the mount locations up the .75"s (cost for these custom mounts is $350) This will require oil pan modification/notching service which we charge $400 for.

Comment

Will these work in an e28? If not is it possible to make some?

Comment

Originally posted by motoexclusiveE30 View Post
                      Will these work in an e28? If not is it possible to make some?

We have not verified these in an e28. Only an e30 and an e36 at the moment. If we get our hands on an e28 engine subframe we may be able to see if these will work as they are.

Comment

Stock updated in first post!

For the month of march only, we will be offering r3v members the aluminum mounts at the steel price. Pm us for details (we have 5-6 aluminum versions in stock).

Comment

What's the benefit in aluminum versus steel aside from no change for galvanic reaction between the aluminum block and the steel mounts?

My concern is mostly in the fact that aluminum gives no sign of failure, in other words it does not show stress like steel would. I suppose it shouldn't matter since the OEM motor mount arms were of cast aluminum. Thoughts?
                          sigpic

Velocity Motor Works

1972 2002
                          1983 533is
                          1987 325is (Roxanne)
                          1988 M6
                          1989 M3
                          1989 325ix (Darth Maul)

Gone: 1974 2002, 1984 318i , 1985 318i, 1988 325ix Sedan, 1988 325ix Coupe, 1991 318is, 1991 318i, 1994 525iT, 1995 325is, 1996 M3 Coupe, 1997 328is, 2001 325i, 2001 Z3 2.5i, 2001 330i, 2001 525iT, 2006 F-250 SD and more...

Comment

Originally posted by alco View Post
                            What's the benefit in aluminum versus steel aside from no change for galvanic reaction between the aluminum block and the steel mounts?

My concern is mostly in the fact that aluminum gives no sign of failure, in other words it does not show stress like steel would. I suppose it shouldn't matter since the OEM motor mount arms were of cast aluminum. Thoughts?
                            The only major difference is weight. They are about half the weight of the steels.

We do not recommend solid mounts with the aluminum mounts. Vibrations can stress welds. Something to keep in mind.

Comment

How about that e30 m60 s/c kit :)
                              85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                              e30 restoration and V8 swap
                              24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Working...
                              X