Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MC Hammered View Post
    Here is my moneypit

thats a pretty sweet touring man! where did you pick it up from?

Comment

Originally posted by cory58 View Post
      crash n' burn - love the uberkaro seats! Do you know if the combo of the uberkaro seats and what looks like anthracite door cards is original?

Thanks, Cory
      Unfortunately, they were never an option on the touring. Other than the typical plain 4cyl pattern and 6cyl diagonal pattern, the only other choices were the designer editions made 91'-94'. Mine are from a sedan at least.

Originally posted by stonea View Post
      +1 on the seats. Screw Mtech seats, I want some of those. Let me know if you ever get tired of them!
      HA! Yeah, this pattern is awesome, sucks it was never available in the states. I've been trying to find large enough sections of material to do the back seats. A 5mx1.5m popped up about 2 months ago but the guy wanted about 400 Euro for it. I'd really like some old school Recaros with basket weave headrests though.
      -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot
      -15' 320i, Glacier Silver Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by crash n' burn View Post
        HA! Yeah, this pattern is awesome, sucks it was never available in the states. I've been trying to find large enough sections of material to do the back seats. A 5mx1.5m popped up about 2 months ago but the guy wanted about 400 Euro for it. I'd really like some old school Recaros with basket weave headrests though.
        You can find Uberkaro plaid cloth here:

WEST trading, is uw leverancier voor autobekledingstoffen, voor alle merken. - www.westtrading.nl

If the link doesn't work then search for: BMW-18268

I have been unable to find the ribbed cloth used for the side bolsters anywhere though.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Originally posted by apexeffects View Post
          thats a pretty sweet touring man! where did you pick it up from?
          I bought it from a local enthusiast, who purchased it from another enthusiast who did the initial build.

I've since put a few of my own touches to her.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammered View Post
            You can find Uberkaro plaid cloth here:

WEST trading, is uw leverancier voor autobekledingstoffen, voor alle merken. - www.westtrading.nl

If the link doesn't work then search for: BMW-18268

I have been unable to find the ribbed cloth used for the side bolsters anywhere though.
            West Trading will only sell to trim shops that have a physical location. They would not even sell to John @ Ninestitch when he made tan uberkaro seats for my 'vert. John had to get his VW seat material supplier to buy the uberkaro from West.

I have no idea if this is legit, but I found another thread on r3v where people supposedly bought directly from this supplier:

Autostoffe, Autositze und Schaumstoff, Sitzpolster, Leder, Kunstleder, Himmelstoffe, Teppich, Industrie Nähgarn, Nähmaschine und Nadel, Kleber, Interior Materialien, Steppschaum, Filz, Lederreste, Leder Sitzbezüge, Innenausstatungsbedarf, Trimmings, Sattler Bedarf, unteranderem auch Zubehör und diverse Extras für Autosattler und Polsterer sowie Oldtimer Restauratoren. seat foamparts,upholstery ,cushion,fabric,headliner, vinyl. leather hides,carpet, trimmings,OEM fabrics,sewing threads, Tisage, Tesutti ,Tejidos,Telas,,tissue ,sellerie, sieges, mousse,espumas, asientos, respaldos,imbattitura,piel, pelle,injatedes,dösemelik, Kumas, Oto,Innenaussattung,Interior,Bodycloth,

Cory
            1992 325i Cabrio
            1988 320i Touring
            2000 M5
            1977 530i
            2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
            BMWCCA
            E30CCA

Comment

Unfortunately, they were never an option on the touring. Other than the typical plain 4cyl pattern and 6cyl diagonal pattern, the only other choices were the designer editions made 91'-94'. Mine are from a sedan at least.
              That's what I thought. Seeing your seats makes me want to redo mine with uberkaro. I've sourced like-new anthracite cushions to replace the torn ones in my Touring, so that will do for a while.
              1992 325i Cabrio
              1988 320i Touring
              2000 M5
              1977 530i
              2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
              BMWCCA
              E30CCA

Comment

check out nut.onlineshop on instagram and ebay, thats where I've gotten 3 sets of recaro's now including the pair in the touring now with the mesh headrests
                Currently:
                1990 325i Touring LHD
                2014 X1 28i Xdrive

Comment

Nice! Missed the new sub-forum down here.

Few quick pics I have access to.

'89 lachssilber 318i touring
                  ~295km on the m40 (can't wait to break 300 on the car, although the current timing belt won't make it :/ )

Imported by roguetoaster on here in '14 I believe. Came by way of Poland from Germany. I have a whole stack of import papers and maintenance records. It was still actively driven until pretty close to deportation.

Not sure of options, it basically has nothing. No abs, no a/c, has a leaky ps though.
                  '89 318i Touring
                  '90 Miata

Comment

Well here is a sneak peak at mine. Not done just yet but should be by early next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And the soon to be s52 m tech 2 touring

Comment

Shftr8 is that silver grey paint color in the pic an accurate representation?

Comment

Originally posted by Shftr8 View Post
                          And the soon to be s52 m tech 2 touring

Were you able to find the rear bumper? That's the only thing (besides the spoiler) we can't get
                          Currently:
                          1990 325i Touring LHD
                          2014 X1 28i Xdrive

Comment

Originally posted by KSanchez View Post
                            Were you able to find the rear bumper? That's the only thing (besides the spoiler) we can't get
                            The rear Mtech2 bumper is the same as the one for the coupe and sedan.

And I found a hatch spoiler in Germany but the guy wasn't interested in shipping it. :(

Comment

Damn you guys are killing me with these mtech2 tourings. I want one of those spoilers too :/
                              '89 318i Touring
                              '90 Miata

Comment

this all REALLY makes me wish i could track down a touring.... :( my boyfriend doesn't think i should get one, but i'd LOVE a 325ix touring.
                                Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
                                Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
                                1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
                                1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
                                2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

IG: mitsugal_jenni

Comment

Working...
                                X