No announcement yet.

91 325ix RUST FREE! - No Longer Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ You do realize that E30's are unibodies, right? The entire chassis, frame and all, is widely considered by most to be the "body" of the car.

I will agree that the seller bought the car as-is, and obviously failed to do his own personal due diligence, especially when purchasing from a place like Ohio, and really especially for an iX. Your liability at this point is nil IMO.

But, promoting an ad for an iX with the words 'rust free' all while using the subjective term of 'body', while possibly hiding the fact that more serious components of the car (i.e. rear spring perches) were rusted, is a pretty lame/slick thing to do. Kinda like a lying/deceiving by omission kinda thing.

Definitely the bad guy in my book.
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
      ^^ You do realize that E30's are unibodies, right? The entire chassis, frame and all, is widely considered by most to be the "body" of the car.

I will agree that the seller bought the car as-is, and obviously failed to do his own personal due diligence, especially when purchasing from a place like Ohio, and really especially for an iX. Your liability at this point is nil IMO.

But, promoting an ad for an iX with the words 'rust free' all while using the subjective term of 'body', while possibly hiding the fact that more serious components of the car (i.e. rear spring perches) were rusted, is a pretty lame/slick thing to do. Kinda like a lying/deceiving by omission kinda thing.

Definitely the bad guy in my book.
      The issues that the buyer outlined in his recent post were noted during the time of sale, along with other maintenance that would need to be done such as tires. Now that the car is back up for sale, he has chosen to target me as if I am at fault. Had I known of said issues, something as large as the spring perches rusting out, I would've posted photos of that too. I'm not trying to be the "got you on a technicality" guy, or the "sorry, the sale is as is" guy. The buyer had all my contact information, and never once asked about anything after the purchase.

Call me what you wish, I never intended the sale to turn out this way. I like to keep a good reputation on the forums. Best regards.

Comment

Another example of someone getting fucked, because a PPE was not done.
        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
        Q
        :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
          Another example of someone getting fucked, because a PPE was not done.
          YUP! I also have now decided that the other RUST FREE car for sale coming out of Cincy is off my list.
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I believe this report says it all. Should have had this done pre-purchase lol. I wanted a professional opinion whether the car could be saved, as I grew attached to it over the last 6 months working on the mechanical stuff:

I'm not here to call out the seller. I was just being honest in trying to represent the car to the next buyer. Maybe I should have started a new thread and kept the seller out of it?

Bottom line is, the car was represented as rust free, I flew to Cleveland under that premise. When I saw the car there was some things that made me concerned, but I had to make a decision, and I took a chance and lost.

That's on me. I expect nothing from the seller and would never contact someone post sale and say the car is different than it was represented. My bad and lesson learned. Get a PPI on these cars if at all possible!

That being said, I found someone locally who wants the car for parts so it is SOLD! It will live on in another ix...
            89 325ix coupe Diamondschwartz
            1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

I told you so

If there's one thing I cant stand its someone who says I hate to say I told you so.

Me I love to say I told you so, earlier post I said I was skeptical but seller convinced me otherwise.

Then I actually praised him for taking pictures where I would expect to find rust when he said it was "rust free" and it wasn't rusty there in thos isolated spots.

Now I take it all back, seller is either blind, stupid, or a rip off take your choice.

If you have one of these cars it may not be readily apparent at first glance but when you start taking it apart it becomes obvious and to sell it as a rust free car after working on it and knowing different is just a rip off.

Then he says he wishes he could buy it back but money is in a turbo build, more bullshit. If he was an honorable person he would finance the buy back the fact that he is making excuses why he wont is just more proof lying scamming scum sucking rip off.

Comment

You should buy my rusted out 325ix's instead, I will tell you exactly where all the rust is.

I knew that my ix had rust when I bought it but I also knew it wasnt as bad as a lot of others I have seen.

I am curious what seller NEO paid for this rust bucket he passed off as solid? Did he also not find out until he got it home and then try to pass it off again? I guess we will never know because I doubt if NEO will fess up. Again either he lied or is not too bright and his posts indicate a certain level of intelligence albeit completely devoid of integrity.

That inspection report is what I would expect for an Ohio car with a block heater, it was driven in winter with salt on the roads and it is almost 30 years old.

Comment

I am calling out the seller, I tried to explain that he was advertising a rust free car from an area it was highly unlikely to not have rust.

He then assured me he looked at it and no rust, yet inspection reveals completely rusted through spring perches wow.

Karma is coming your way dude. And I'm sorry but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

Working...
                  X