No announcement yet.

Laguna Green 318iC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More small updates, thanks to quanaman from here I was able to score a pair of nearly pristine sun visors to replace the worn out ones on the vert - looks much better and the passanger one doesn't fall out when you move it now. Also removed the Sirius XM and cup holder the PO had installed that you can see in the original pictures above. Looks much better now, and I found the original 6 function OBC hiding back there! Downside is it's broken, so I'll be keeping an eye out for a working one.

Picture of how the center area looks now, will need to find a way to fill in those screw holes (I can't believe the PO drilled into an otherwise pristine dash -_-):

Just need to replace that gaudy aftermarket radio with the nearly stock looking Continental unit I have on my shopping list and that interior should be back to stock!

Comment

More little fixes, tackled the central locking over the weekend. Turns out it was as simple as closing that extraneous circuit through the driver's door. Unfortunately my driver's solenoid/relay is shot so I can't use the key in that door but at least everything locks/unlocks from the trunk now!

It was a gorgeous Saturday here in the DC metro so I had to get topless as much as possible ;D. Here's an image from a completely extraneous Starbucks "dessert" run I did just to get out some more.

Comment

Thanks to a member here I was able to score 3 unused Bottlecaps, replacing the bent and unbalanced front ones. These are super clean rims, two had original spares mounted and one was new out of the box:

Here she is sitting on them, really liking the General Altimax RT43s I mounted on them (and the nicest existing rim I had). Cured the shimmy I was getting through the steering wheel too!

Comment

Those are super clean bottlecaps! Your car is looking great.

Comment

After entirely too much effort, finally got the front end refreshed. Lemforder control arms, bushings, and sway bar end links installed. That passenger side 22mm bolt for the subframe connected ball joint is an absolute bitch - had to disconnect the sway bar and that little heat shield for the engine mount to have even a chance to get in there.

Add in knuckle ball joints on both sides that refused to let go and required the HF ball joint separator and it was just a pain. Oh well, done now.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get out and enjoy this gorgeous weather in the car, troubleshooting an overheating issue as well. I think it failed the "clutch test" (hoping I did it right), so a new fan clutch is on the way and should be installed in the next day or two. Everything else but the rad itself on the cooling system has been replaced in the last month or two.

Comment

hey nice car! Lots of cooling system troubles are due to recent work being done and the system not being bled properly. You need to remove air pockets from the cooling system so coolant can flow freely. The m42 is easy to bleed. Here's a web page with some info

this is the bleed screw

here's some more info if you need it

Good luck! Verts with cloth seats are sweet!

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Hey thanks! The shop bled the system when I took it back in complaining that it wasn't cooking properly after the work they did, but if the fan clutch doesn't fix it I'll def. bleed again.

Comment

After a bit more effort then the guides had led me to believe I got my new Revshift poly transmission mounts installed. What a tremendous difference, I went with the softest ones they have and there’s still a bit more NVH - but primary exhaust vibrations (and the exhaust is louder now somehow?!). However the massive increase in shift feel and confidence and noticible decrease in front end sway over rough roads was well worth it. Did find out that there’s two tiny rubber bushings/mounts which connect from the transmission to the exhaust for some reason - I’m sure those are shot a well like all the other rubber so new ones are on the way for all of $2.99 each. Once I get the Revshift poly motor mounts on I bet overall front end shake will be way down, it’ll be interesting to compare the difference between just the mounts and with x-brace added once I get that on as well.

Picture post-clean up after I did a nice long country drive to enjoy the changes and a gorgeous early fall day:

Comment

Working...
                  X