Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bizarre wiring (as usual in older E30's)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bizarre wiring (as usual in older E30's)

The E30 m40 convertible which I bought three years here in France because the weather and landscape are made for it has a chronic problem of draining the battery because the power windows are somehow wired to a non-switched circuit, and the little lights on the switches drain the battery after a couple of days. Since I am not good at electrical stuff, my solution was simply to cut the circuit breaker for the windows. But after all these years I decided to take a look at junction C302 behind the steering column where the windows wiring is supposed to be connected to the fuse box. I removed the battery lead, took of the underdash panel and found that C302 is upside down (as compared to the ETM). Is this normal ? It also has a lot of stuff attached besides what is supposed to be on there, according to the 1990 ETM (see picture). But the window wires which the ETM says are GN/BU at pin Q are not there. I put the battery back on and begin pulling fuses in order to find out which circuit the windows are on — it turns out that they are on fuse 28, the cigarette lighter and the antenna motor circuit. The principal connector for this circuit is C204, but GN BU window wire is not connecte there either.

Has anyone any suggestions as to where to find it ?

Sincerely

John in Montreal (or in France for the moment)
    Attached Files
Working...
X