Paint shop suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint shop suggestions?

Hey guys, long time since I've been on. Been trying to get a 318ti project up and running but have failed to find a place to paint that didn't cost more than the car itself.

Question: Does anyone have any recommendations as to a body/paint shop that could paint a car for a decent price that they trust? Private or not doesn't matter.

Let me know. Thanks.

I'm in SoCal. 818 area.

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Bump ttt. None? Personal experience preferred. Thanks!

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

Price and prep are everything. What are you looking to spend and for what? Is this a bare metal chassis?
      ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Define decent price....

Panel beating and painting is very expensive. A decent closed door spray Including dismantle and reassembly should cost ~$3k or I have to question it they did the job properly.

Comment

Marino's auto full body paint job $600

Do this. Never tried it but looks good

Comment

SunnyVale Maaco. It's run by Oliver Ramos, he's active on fb and sometimes in Norcal chat. I've had my cars sprayed by him and they've all come out really nice!

Feedback!
            Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
            Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Did you ever find a place?

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                Price and prep are everything. What are you looking to spend and for what? Is this a bare metal chassis?
                Price and prep are indeed everything. Well have a baby on the way and saving to purchase a home so trying to keep it as cheap as I could obtain at the moment. [been going back and forth on doing it myself] Trying to keep it sub 2k.

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
                Define decent price....

Panel beating and painting is very expensive. A decent closed door spray Including dismantle and reassembly should cost ~$3k or I have to question it they did the job properly.
                True. They are very expensive. I've been quoted by all the local shops within a 10 mile radius between 3k to 6k for basic 2 stage paint jobs. So, here I am. :(

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                Ad expired. I'll try researching their shop. Thanks!

Originally posted by Steven View Post
                SunnyVale Maaco. It's run by Oliver Ramos, he's active on fb and sometimes in Norcal chat. I've had my cars sprayed by him and they've all come out really nice!
                I'll try looking at your profile for posted pictures of your previous paint jobs done to your cars, if there is any posted on this forum. Thanks for the suggestion! This is definitely why I look to forums.

Originally posted by frshmaestro View Post
                Did you ever find a place?
                Not at the moment. Been working and doing other small car projects. When I do I will definitely post here so share my experience.

Comment

just type in 600 paint on craigslist and the ad always comes out
                  or
                  834 Followers, 700 Following, 85 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Marinosauto53@gmail.com (@marinos_auto)

been tempted to hit them up myself.

Comment

Yea, I've seen his posting and Instagram. Did you happen to pull the trigger?

Comment

Consider Tijuana.

I have been in contact with them and got a quote for about 1/4-1/3 the cost of a comparable US paint job. They use PPG paint and have been in business for over 30 years. A good percentage of their business is US customers. I just wanna ask anyone for actual experience. The work I have seen on the...
                      ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by jahnaboi View Post
                        Yea, I've seen his posting and Instagram. Did you happen to pull the trigger?
                        no, haven't had time to touch the car. my toddler has me busy.

Comment

I decided to just paint the car myself in my garage. Here's the end result. Not perfect by any means as it was my first time painting with a HVLP spray gun but it could only get better from here.

Rear fenders rolled and pulled
                          Rear Fenders roll and pull by jahnaboi, on Flickr

SINdie @ work by jahnaboi, on Flickr
                          SINdie @ work ass by jahnaboi, on Flickr

I haven't bothered to color sand and buff the paint yet as the paint I used is Single stage paint so the orange peel is more visible than it would be. I will probably do it once the paint begins to fade to maximize longevity of the paint.
                          -Jasper

Comment

Ha, well props for just saying "f' it" and getting it done yourself. Orange peel is a pain in the ass for sure, but it sounds like you have a game plan. It looks nice from 10ft away, so the only people that are ever going to notice anything are few and far between outside of car meets.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
                              Ha, well props for just saying "f' it" and getting it done yourself. Orange peel is a pain in the ass for sure, but it sounds like you have a game plan. It looks nice from 10ft away, so the only people that are ever going to notice anything are few and far between outside of car meets.
                              The paint I used was urethane marine paint. Didn't use the correct reducer and hardener so I suspect that's what caused the orange peel. Could be my gun settings as well as I'm new to hvlp painting. It was fun and frustrating to learn to paint with an hvlp gun though ha. Once the paint fades I'll color sand and buff. Should look a lot better once that's done.

Comment

Working...
                              X