No announcement yet.

Longest drive ever to the picnic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're coming from Austin, TX...been on the road since Sunday morning at 7 am. Over 2500 miles so far and we're not in WA, yet! We'll be driving along the southern border of your great state tomorrow (on the WA side, not I-84 side), then bring it in on I-5. Been doing as many scenic back roads as possible. Spectacular scenery, lots of mountain driving (more twisties!), and taking our time (well, not through the twisties). West Texas and Eastern New Mexico were the only not-so-great parts (too flat and too straight), but we did hit triple digits on several occasions.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and their cars!

Ken
    sigpic

92 325iC Diamantschwarz factory M-Technic appearance
    99 M Roadster Dakar Yellow II
    97 318ti Active Bostongrun DD
    01 Z3 3.0i Coupe Black Sapphire
    93 325iC Schwarz II. Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

Wasn't Eric going to come up here from Miami one year or was that Bimmerfest?
      -Erik
      '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
      I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by CCCXXVis
        Made it into Tacoma last night, went to the Museum of Flight today, great Museum, had a great time, stayed all day. Met some Friends in Greybull, Wyoming for dinner, had a great drive. Been looking forward to this for some time, had it all planned out but decided to go with "plan B".

See you all soon!

Tony
        Originally posted by e30topdown View Post
        We're coming from Austin, TX...been on the road since Sunday morning at 7 am. Over 2500 miles so far and we're not in WA, yet! We'll be driving along the southern border of your great state tomorrow (on the WA side, not I-84 side), then bring it in on I-5. Been doing as many scenic back roads as possible. Spectacular scenery, lots of mountain driving (more twisties!), and taking our time (well, not through the twisties). West Texas and Eastern New Mexico were the only not-so-great parts (too flat and too straight), but we did hit triple digits on several occasions.

Ken

You guys are crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCXXVis
          Made it into Tacoma last night, went to the Museum of Flight today, great Museum, had a great time, stayed all day. Met some Friends in Greybull, Wyoming for dinner, had a great drive. Been looking forward to this for some time, had it all planned out but decided to go with "plan B".

See you all soon!

Tony
          Originally posted by e30topdown View Post

Ken
          You guys are awesome!
          1990 325is "the rat"/ E30 Warsteiner tribute racecar/1985 325e "faded Glory"/ 1968 Chevy II Nova "the baby"/ 2001 525i 5spd purchased May 2013 with 16k miles. Plus other junk that annoys the neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT4677 View Post
            You guys are awesome!
            Triple awesome...hell yes.

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Depending on the actual routes Tony and Ken took to the E30 Picnic, the longest traveled award is going to be close! Bonus points if one of them did it without working A/C.
              Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
              www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Racing View Post
                Depending on the actual routes Tony and Ken took to the E30 Picnic, the longest traveled award is going to be close! Bonus points if one of them did it without working A/C.
                Ken is driving a 'vert, does that change the bias?

Closing SOON!
                "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
                X