UUC Short Shifter + Garagistic DSSR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UUC Short Shifter + Garagistic DSSR?

Anyone know if the UUC short shifter and Garagistic DSSR are compatible? Or know of a DSSR that'll work with the UUC short shifter on our car? I called up Garagistic and the guy I talked with basically said they haven't had any feedback about them. I want DSSR for the sole reason of not having to pull apart all that shit again just to replace bushings/washers/etc and I'd like to avoid throwing away $80 if they're not.

Edit: By compatible I mean issues with it hitting or rubbing on anything. The shifter should fit in the DSSR.
    Last edited by Deja_Vu; 01-13-2017, 05:41 PM. Reason: clarification

I have the IE shifter which looks identical to the UUC shifter.

I noticed a month ago I am rubbing my IE DSSR on the transfercase. You can bet I'm pleased with that. I will have to disassemble everything to file down 1/8" of metal.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

I have purchased both of those items but haven't installed anything yet. As both are meant to fit with otherwise stock parts, I also assume they'll work together (or at least close enough with minor modifications), but I guess I'll find out when I actually install them. It might we a while since I don't have a lift and it'll be a hell of a job without one.

Comment

I also increased the length of my standard e30 IE shifter a few MM. I had a local exhaust shop do it since it's stainless steel. I think it was about 1/8" increase.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

I have a complete UUC kit that i dropped into my car. I called rob and talked to him about what i wanted to do and he helped me make it happen.
          If anyone really wants im sure i can dig up my receipts about what i actually bought.
          If I recall correctly what i chose to do was mill the factory IX coupler narrower to fit into the DSSR rather than buy a new coupler that fit into the DSSR, however both ways will work. the way i did it make some more work for me than probably needed.

Comment

Yeah I figured I'd update this.

So the Garagistic DSSR had a couple problems - the inner part of the "forks" on both ends had to be shaved a few mm (don't know why...manufacturing defect maybe? I had to resort to hammering to get them on the shift selector joint and imagine I'd have to the same for the short shifter). Also had to shave off a large amount from top of the DSSR to prevent it from scraping the bottom of the shift arm.

Comment

I'm wondering what shifter arm will fit with the garagistic dssr? Recently just got mine but didn't think of the interference problem with the stock arm. Anybody know how much wiggle room there is? Looking at az4 3.0 arm but thinking that might be to long
              89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
              I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Z4 3.0 definitely will not fit.

Z3 1.9 is the longest that will fit - it should work with a DSSR as long as it clears the shift carrier.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  Z4 3.0 definitely will not fit.

Z3 1.9 is the longest that will fit - it should work with a DSSR as long as it clears the shift carrier.
                  I'm fine with having to shave off a little bit of metal off the carrier or the DSSR. Just trying to figure what will fit. Thought the z4 was a bit of a long shot.
                  89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                  I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
                    I'm fine with having to shave off a little bit of metal off the carrier or the DSSR. Just trying to figure what will fit. Thought the z4 was a bit of a long shot.
                    I haven't personally tried to fit the Z3 1.9 shifter/ Garagistic dssr. I have them. You have to take off some material off the dssr. My friend tried to fit a stock shifter with a dssr and it doesn't work. Driftsequence thinks he has a stock shifter with the dssr but it's a Z3 1.9. Seems to have worked for him.
                    Build Thread
                    https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
                    Parts Thread
                    https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

Working...
                    X