5x120 to 4x100 Redrill follow up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5x120 to 4x100 Redrill follow up?

I just dropped off a set of wheels to be redrilled from 5x120 to 4x100. I know there are some people on here who have done this, but Im looking for some long term results. Has anybody ran these for a year or so without any problems? Track, drifting, autocross? Also did you use spacers or grind the calipers or both?

I haven't heard of any problems. You'll need rings and 5mm spacers all around. Where are you getting yours done and for how much? I haven't found anyone to do mine near Philly
    '89 335is +turbo

Comment

What kind of wheels did you have fill n drilled?

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker27 View Post
        I haven't heard of any problems. You'll need rings and 5mm spacers all around. Where are you getting yours done and for how much? I haven't found anyone to do mine near Philly
        Im having mine done in San Diego at The Wheel Zone.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
          What kind of wheels did you have fill n drilled?
          They are the one piece style 5's off of an e38.

Comment

As long as it is done by a professional wheel shop you are good. If they can put steel inserts better yet.

Comment

Originally posted by IDM View Post
              As long as it is done by a professional wheel shop you are good. If they can put steel inserts better yet.
              They actually are using inserts, but steel inside of aluminum scares me because of expansion/contraction rates of different metals when they get hot. But than again I have know idea what Im talking about thats why Im posting this thread. I really want someone to tell me they have ran these wheels for ~a year with no problems.

Comment

Joey "lifestyle101" is running fill and drill style 5's from an e38 for a while now from what I recall and they are fine.
                I think he babys his car though.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Just picked up my wheels last nite. Ill try to post some pics later. Anyone out there who has put some hard miles on redrills?

Comment

If you dont mind posting (or send a PM), how much did it run you for the redrill and fill?

Comment

Originally posted by Pennyw1se View Post
                      If you dont mind posting (or send a PM), how much did it run you for the redrill and fill?
                      I was quoted a price of $165 per wheel for fill and redrill...... Sounds expensive to me.

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

I paid $120 for all 4. They look like shit. Ill post some pics later. I got the wheels for $250. I was going to sell them for $350 if anyone is feeling brave.

Comment

Originally posted by Pennyw1se View Post
                          From what Ive seen the guys in LA do nice work. Sounds a little steep but its a lot more work for them because they fill the old holes and drill extra holes to balance the wheel.

Comment

PICS
                            Notice the split in the hub. Its only on one wheel on one hole. The black rings are steel inserts.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JJ1 View Post
                              PICS
                              Notice the split in the hub. Its only on one wheel on one hole. The black rings are steel inserts.
                              You could of done that yourself with a hand drill, seriously.
                              1985 BMW 325e
                              1997 BMW M3/4/5
                              2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Working...
                              X