No announcement yet.

5x120 to 4x100 Redrill follow up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a chance in hell I would mount those.

Comment

Why did they do it that way rather than filling the holes?
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
        Why did they do it that way rather than filling the holes?
        Cause its 30 bucks a wheel
        sigpic

Comment

Because he only paid $120 for all 4 of them.

Edit - FUCK

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
            120$ seems worth it when you consider what you might be saving...
            1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
            You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
              Hmm i guess i just got mine done legit before the price went way up.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Where's the fill....

And wow man... That looks kid of scary.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Official Fill and Drill Process:

Step 1: Skip the "fill" part.

Step 2: Use an inaccurate machine to dill holes off center with a dull bit.

Step 3: Charge the guy who owns the wheels you just destroyed.

Repeat steps 1-3 until someone takes you to court, then flee the country.
                  -tim
                  Originally posted by Jordan
                  I like the stance
                  -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Woooooooooooow WTF, they ruined your wheels!!!!!!!!! Those are a 100% deathtrap....

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

Soooooo, nobody wants to buy these?

j/k

Comment

At least you have a good humor about this. Was there any kind of agreement to the quality of the work? Did you verify that is was ok? Or did they ever have any doubts about the job coming out well?

If you can I would get them to replace the wheels and/or refund your money. That is a very sketchy job.
                        -tim
                        I like the stance

Comment

This makes me a little more tentative to have mine done. I spoke with e30rob who makes spacers and adapters for the board, and he said he's got a machine shop that can do a proper fill and drill (read, actually fill the holes).

I'm waiting to hear back regarding a few questions, but if it seems like he can do the work properly I'm going to have my set done. If I have them done I'll be sure to let you guys know how they came out. Hopefully he does a good job so we can have another known good shop on the board.

I hope to god my wheels don't come back looking like that... I would be furious. Besides throwing those wheels out, what are you going to do about the fact that they ruined our otherwise perfectly good wheels?

Comment

Easy, bro, just fill the additional holes and drill once more.

Seriously though, that's messed up. You can easily get $250 for a set of these, they look great on lots of older BMWs.
                            '89 335is +turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker27 View Post
                              Easy, bro, just fill the additional holes and drill once more.

Seriously though, that's messed up. You can easily get $250 for a set of these, they look great on lots of older BMWs.
                              ??? I'm confused. Not sure if you were pushing sarcasm or not. Either way it didn't work. The first statement would make the wheels very weak. I'm not sure what the second statement is in reference to.
                              -tim
                              I like the stance

Comment

Dude, stay the FUCK AWAY from those. Take it from an engineer. Thats shit is hella sketch, I woudln't even look at them funny. The aluminum is pushed, bulged and stretch out. It's lost most of it's strength at that point. I'd get your moeny back ASAP, and ask for reimbursment for ruining your wheels. Those are fucking TOAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X