No announcement yet.

5x120 to 4x100 Redrill follow up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it hard to believe that you payed for that. If i saw that shit when i went to pick up my wheels i would have first of all not payed them squat and then i would have asked for $250 bucks and tell them they are now going have an extra set of wheels lying around their shop.

Now that you payed and took them home it might be hard to prove that the shop did this and not that you tried to modify them again afterwards or something. you payed for them when you saw them so you must have approved of the work then, right?

Good luck man

Comment

Originally posted by Highway1 View Post
      I find it hard to believe that you payed for that. If i saw that shit when i went to pick up my wheels i would have first of all not payed them squat and then i would have asked for $250 bucks and tell them they are now going have an extra set of wheels lying around their shop.

Now that you payed and took them home it might be hard to prove that the shop did this and not that you tried to modify them again afterwards or something. you payed for them when you saw them so you must have approved of the work then, right?

Good luck man
      Had to prepay. Didnt notice the torn one until I was at home. I went there because I had talked to somebody who has had them do this for several sets of wheels and he swore by them. Im going to go down there today. For all of those curious it was done by THE WHEEL ZONE in San Diego.

Comment

You could do a better job with a drill press - really. Bet you paid in cash too.
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

You have the caps? I'd buy them cheap to make some garage furniture.
          sigpic

Comment

There is nothing wrong with those rims. they have steel collars inserted which isn't even necessary. Haven't you guys ever seen multi lug pattern rims? Send those to me, I'll run them on my Daily driven E30, and give you all daily updates. I've had 17" style 5s redrilled for use on 5x112 bolt pattern, while still being able to use them on 5x120. You Do need a good set of hub centering rings.

Comment

OP, please send the wheels to the guy above so he can die in a fiery car crash thus removing another ruh-tard from the earth.

thnxbi
              -tim
              Originally posted by Jordan
              I like the stance
              -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Originally posted by DeeJay View Post
                There is nothing wrong with those rims. they have steel collars inserted which isn't even necessary. Haven't you guys ever seen multi lug pattern rims? Send those to me, I'll run them on my Daily driven E30, and give you all daily updates. I've had 17" style 5s redrilled for use on 5x112 bolt pattern, while still being able to use them on 5x120. You Do need a good set of hub centering rings.

I dont think you get it. 5X120 and 4X100 are OVERLAPPING lug patterns. What your showing is completely different.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Straight from the factory, Made in germany , with T.U.V. approval

Yes Send them to me so you will see how "ruh-tard" I am with over 30 years experience with Bimmers.

Comment

So i'm sure you know that there is a large different between the strength of a wheel that came out of the cast with holes molded into the design vs. wheels that have had material removed from the structure. I'm sure you also realize the amount of material between the hub bore and lug hole. Lastly, i'm sure your "30 years experience with Bimmers" makes you a wheel engineer, or any engineer for that matter, who understands the stress of materials.

Keep on truckin' and thanks for joining R3v. All we needed were more ignorant people.
                    -tim
                    Originally posted by Jordan
                    I like the stance
                    -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Straight from the factory, Made in germany , with T.U.V. approval

Yes Send them to me so you will see how "ruh-tard" I am with over 30 years experience with Bimmers.
                      If you look at the pics the OP posted, the third one shows how entirely shitty this redrill was. Look closely at that third picture again.

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
                        You have the caps? I'd buy them cheap to make some garage furniture.
                        I wouldnt even use those for furniture but they could make interesting hose reels
                        Id be too embarassed to tell someone I paid for that

Comment

I happen to be a Mechanical Engineer, I work for a well know RailRoad Car Manufacturer. Send those Wheels to me, I'll prove to all of you there is nothing to fear. How many of you here actually wrench? anyone of you rebuilt an engine or anything close?

Comment

I happen to be a Mechanical Engineer, I work for a well know RailRoad Car Manufacturer. Send those Wheels to me, I'll prove to all of you there is nothing to fear. How many of you here actually wrench? anyone of you rebuilt an engine or anything close?
                            Nope, nobody here. Go to Bimmerforums if you want to talk to people who actually wrench.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Then buy them.
                              '89 335is +turbo

Comment

Originally posted by 3bvert View Post
                                I wouldnt even use those for furniture but they could make interesting hose reels
                                Id be too embarassed to tell someone I paid for that
                                I HATE YOU!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X