Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: NY: 1989 325i 4AT Coupe (Alpine White on Beige Interior) $1,000

SOLD

Up for sale is my 1989 BMW 325i Coupe. I bought this car in the summer of 2009, and I have to let it go because at this point I won't have the time to restore this.

I bought this as a project car, so it has only been driven less than 10K miles total over the last 3 years. Mileage is just under ~168K (The title may indicate "true mileage unknown," however. It was this way when I bought it, and the history, from what I remember, showed all of the mileage to be very close to 160K over the last few years when the discrepancy happened.)

The paint is not in the greatest shape, but the interior is almost pristine (dashboard and seats look almost new, no cracks), with a new stereo head unit I put in last summer. It's got an automatic transmission that still shifts strong (My plan was to swap a manual in, but I never got around to it.)

The car does not currently hold brake pressure because of a rusty T-Junction in the rear. I don't have the time to make the repair even though it's not expensive to do. So it would have to be towed out of here even though the engine and everything else runs fine. You could drive it a short distance using the handbrake if you go slow enough.

Headlights, tail lights, and signals are all fully functional.

Things I've fixed while I've had it:
    New spark plugs
    New distributor cap
    New ignition rotor
    New water pump
    New thermostat
    New thermostat housing
    New radiator cap
    New water temperature sending unit
    New water temperature sensor
    New control arm bushings
    New rear shock mounts
    New battery

All of these repairs have less than 10K miles on them.

The only problems with the car are that the wipers don't mist (never got around to fixing the windshield washer pump) and that it has a small oil leak when it sits for too long. This leak is most likely from the typical oil control valve gasket, which I replaced 3 years ago, but is now a problem again. This is an easy repair for anyone who wants to do it the next time they change their oil (http://e30.bmwdiy.info/oil-leak/index.html). Also, the ABS light is on due to a blown relay, which needs to replaced. It's never bothered me, so I haven't bothered fixing it.

The previous owner also replaced the timing belt right when I had bought it, so that is still relatively new as well.

The car never stranded me. The engine runs strong all the way to redline. If the brake t-junction gets fixed, it's roadworthy immediately.

The exterior needs a good cleaning and a bit of work to be more presentable. Clear coat has definitely faded on several panels. The interior is in great shape (almost new). Non-smoker car, no pets.

There is no rust in the rear license plate holder and the battery tray. The corner of the moon roof (the moon roof itself, not the roof) has developed a small amount of rust, though. There is a small patch of rust under the fuse box near the left strut tower.

All in all, this is a great project car for anyone looking to get started on an E30.

The car is located on Long Island. More pics available on request. PM me if you are interested!

Last edited by eek142; 03-25-2017, 09:27 AM.

pm sent. Interested.

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

PM'd.

Comment

if only you were local i'd would definetly buy it.

Comment

Bump after nearly 5 years... I'm looking to sell this again. Asking for $2500. Paint needs some work but it's very sound mechanically and has a great interior. Only repair needed is a new T-junction in the rear for the brake lines. I'd do it if it weren't freezing out and I had time. PM me if interested.

Comment

sale

Just sold my ix-----same color in and out for the same price. Good luck selling yours.

Comment

Pmed

Comment

Bump. Lowered the price to $2,000. Would really like sell this soon.

Comment

Bump

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

is it $1k or $2k ?

Comment

pm'd
                          1988 325is - Totaled, Hit and Run
                          1994 530iT - Rusty, Not Running, Gone
                          1989 325i - Clean Body, Barely Runs

Comment

Bump