X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLD] M52TUB28 alloy-block 48k miles

price 900 obo
    Hey all,
    I picked up an m52tu over the summer with plans to swap it into my e30, but decided to keep my m20 for the time being.

It was taken out of a wrecked z3, the only things broken were the mounting arms. The alternator, ac compressor, and ps pump are intact. The motor also has the harness and DME still attached.

I had it put into a crate for long term storage, but this now means that it can be shipped anywhere at a moment's notice (at buyer's expense of course).

Here is a pic of it the day I got it, before it went into the crate:

It has the iron-sleeved alloy block (no nikasil problems!) which only was available in europe and on z3s in the states. BMW has the long block as weighing the same as the m20! This would be a great swap for those who want more power and torque from the double VANOS without the added weight of a larger iron-block 24v.

I don't have compression #s, but since the motor is such low mileage, I don't see how they would be terrible considering the car died before the motor even saw 50k.

I'll post more pics in a couple days when I get the chance to open the crate back up, but I thought I'd get the ad up to gauge interest.
    Last edited by thatphysicsguy; 06-01-2017, 05:41 PM. Reason: title
    '91 325i

Bump price change

Also here's a pic of the crate where it sits. Waiting on some interest before I open it up. I can't really get too many angles because of how the crate is positioned, but if you need to know something or want to see something specifically, ask and I'll do my best to get you what you want to know.

'91 325i

Comment

bump
      '91 325i

Comment

Fra- jee- lay. Is it french?

Free bump

ATTENTION:

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT DONE SO, PLEASE DO SO AT THIS TIME

Comment

New Year bump
          '91 325i

Comment

Bring it to NY with you and I'll scoop it up from you!!

Comment

I mean it is in a crate ready to ship ASAP. If you want, I can make a deal just PM me.
              '91 325i

Comment

Actually saving about 70 lbs over an M20 according to ready-to-drive engines weighed here:

I'm broke atm but if that hangs around for a few months I might want to come take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by whitebulat22 View Post
                  Actually saving about 70 lbs over an M20 according to ready-to-drive engines weighed here:

I'm broke atm but if that hangs around for a few months I might want to come take a look.
                  Yeah there doesn't seem to be rabid demand. If I don't sell it, it will definitely still be around in may.
                  '91 325i

Comment

bump ten days left before I'm gone until summer
                    '91 325i

Comment

I'm interested. You said the mounting arms are broken? any damage to the block or the arms just need to be replaced?
                      • 85 325e Project
                      • 2010 Subaru STi hatch
                      • 01 e39 M5 (sold) :down:
                      • 00' E39 540ia (sold)
                      • 89' 325is (sold)
                      • 97' Ram 2500 12v Cummins
                      • 2006 KTM 950 Adventure
                      • 2006 Yamaha YZ450F

Comment

Originally posted by Zekerbox View Post
                        I'm interested. You said the mounting arms are broken? any damage to the block or the arms just need to be replaced?
                        No block damage but yes the mounting arms are gone, you'll need new ones.
                        '91 325i

Comment

less than a week before I'm gone and can't broker a deal until summer bump
                          '91 325i

Comment

Well summer is here so motor is officially for sale again.

up you go, ad.
                            '91 325i

Comment

Bump. price is flexible make me an offer!
                              '91 325i

Comment

Working...
                              X