No announcement yet.

[SOLD] M52TUB28 alloy-block 48k miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a screaming deal. I am pretty upset I didn't see this for sale before I started my stroker m20 build.

Comment

I'm glad some people are recognizing that this is a low-key rare deal.

Some of the offers I'm getting are from people who think I'm selling a tired iron block with 200k miles or something...
      '91 325i

Comment

I want your fuel rail beauty cover if you want to sell it to me, reasonably, of course :D
        No antenna? I sell plugs!

Here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...77#post4937877

Comment

trying to leave this a complete package, sorry! Plus it would take a lot of effort to open the crate and dig it out just for a lil plastic cover!
          '91 325i

Comment

Sent you a PM
            Every Gram Counts

Comment

what year car did it come out of? i have heard of a few double vanos m52's but have never seen one before. it looks like an m54 to me.

free bump for you btw.....
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Forgive me as I'm a bit new to this particular unicorn but what are the differences of this engine vs the m52tu that comes in e46 328i's?

I like the sound of 70lbs off the nose of the e30!
                -Brad
                My E30: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...50#post3916850

Comment

This came out of a 98 or 99 z3. these were the years before they moved to the m54.

I don't know if the m52tu in an early e46 would have the alloy block or not, but there is a possibility it would have the heavier iron block.

As far as I know only late production z3s had the alloy block m52tus.
                  '91 325i

Comment

bump. Everyone that wants this motor lives too far away... :/
                    '91 325i

Comment

Bump
                      '91 325i

Comment

Bump was *this* close to selling it a couple days ago but the buyer backed out. Still FS
                        '91 325i

Comment

Every m52tu was alloy, so any e46 328 or e39 528(w/ double vanos)would have this same engine. It's really more like an m54 than an m52(single vanos).
                          I believe m54 and m52tu cyl head and maybe engine block have the same part numbers.
                          So swapping would be more like an m54 swap, at least as oil pan mods are concerned. This engine does have a cable driven throttle though.

Than being said, it is a nice smooth motor, my z3 2.8 seems to have about as much power as my s52 e30, at least until 4000 rpm.
                          Last edited by plain325; 08-05-2016, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by plain325 View Post
                            Every m52tu was alloy, so any e46 328 or e39 528 would have this same engine. It's really more like an m54 than an m52(single vanos).
                            I believe m54 and m52tu cyl head and maybe engine block have the same part numbers.
                            So swapping would be more like an m54 swap, at least as oil pan mods are concerned. This engine does have a cable driven throttle though.

Than being said, it is a nice smooth motor, my z3 2.8 seems to have about as much power as my s52 e30, at least until 4000 rpm.
                            Really? could swear I've seen motor weight breakdowns that list m52tu iron and m52tu alloy...
                            '91 325i

Comment

Originally posted by thatphysicsguy View Post
                              Really? could swear I've seen motor weight breakdowns that list m52tu iron and m52tu alloy...
                              I can't find any evidence of an m52tu iron block being made. I have been looking into it a bit because I would like to turbo my z3.

Comment

In the US, the M52B28 used an iron block (except for the M52B28 in the Z3 which was an aluminum block), while the M52TU used an aluminium cylinder block. The US M52TU had cast iron cylinder liners in the aluminum block.
                                '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                                '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Working...
                                X