Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People suck ass at driving on the highway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cephas View Post
    Yeah, i dont care what CA people say. If you've never been to Chicago, you have never experienced traffic. 290 out of the city from 1pm to 8 or 9pm is 2 hours minimun to go 20 miles. Don't even start on 90/94 lol.
    It took me an hour to go 5 miles once in LA, thats less than walking speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
      The reason why (from what I can tell) that some hog the passing lane, is usually they do not want to have to move over every time there's another car merging onto the highway. This makes it easier for those merging onto the highway.

While I don't agree with this, I see the logic.
      I've personally seen (just like in the youtube videos) where a CHP was on the fast lane-left lane, then he switched right one lane to pass the person. He then slowed down and switched back to the left lane and hit his lights and sirens. Person moved over and he floored it. It was quite amusing i might say.

Comment

rush hour (which seems to last all day) keeps speeds around 15mph in almost every lane!
        Gawd, that would be FLYING around here- you guys got it good!

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Peak hour traffic makes my 10km trek home from work take around 15 minutes. No highways/freeways on my route either. Small city life.

Comment

The thing I hate the most is when it's really crowded, cars are tight together, but everyone is moving along at +10 or +20 above the posted speed...No problem right? Well there is always one guy in an SUV that you can't see around, and he keeps flicking on his break lights.

"do I need to get my foot on the brakes?"
            "Are we slowing down?"
            "Is there a cop?"
            "Is there an accident?"
            "Am I about to need to stomp on my breaks to avoid something nasty?"

WHY ARE YOU PUTTING ON YOUR BRAKES ON THE FREEWAY FOR NO REASON WHAT SO EVER??!?!?!?! Don't use your brakes on the freeway you idiot. It's the freeway!
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
              WHY ARE YOU PUTTING ON YOUR BRAKES ON THE FREEWAY FOR NO REASON WHAT SO EVER??!?!?!?! Don't use your brakes on the freeway you idiot. It's the freeway!
              This is my biggest pet peeve. I call it "free-air braking" or invisible car syndrome. Most often performed by a Buick (with the normal demographic age driver) or someone with the steering wheel in the left hand and a smartphone in the right.

The E30 collection:
              1987 325es M52 - Schwarz / Taurus Red Sport (son #2's)
              1987 325is - Delphin / Black Sport (son #3's)
              1987 325i Convertible - Triple Black
              1989 325iX Coupe - Diamondschwarz / Black Comfort
              1990 325iX Coupe - Sterling Silver / Grey Sport

1981 Fiat 124 Spider 2000 - Green / Tan
              1998 Volvo V70 GLT - White / Tan
              1998 Volvo S70 T5 manual - White / Taupe
              2001 Ford Windstar - Silver / Grey (parts hauler)
              2006 Lexus GX470 - White / Tan (tow rig)

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
                Or those who end up not merging and stop in the merge lane - trying to merge into traffic from 0km/h is not great either!
                Yes^ I love this. People are afraid to step on the gas, or are unable to calculate that if they accelerate in the merging lane, they can actually merge with the traffic instead of f'ng it up.

Here in Germany, the far left lane is strictly passing/faster traffic. When there are 3 lanes, I usually cruise in the middle unless there's no limit, then I use the right lane. When someone has to merge, the right lane traffic must move over whenever possible to allow them in, most people read the road and move over at least 100m before the merge, i'll flash if they seem unsure.
                -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
                  Lol at grammar and double punctuation. But in GA it's a shit show.
                  If you don't like the way I type out my post on here, why don't you send me a PM and we can chat about it one on one.

1992 BMW 325iC
                  1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                  1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                    If you don't like the way I type out my post on here, why don't you send me a PM and we can chat about it one on one.
                    I'll be the referee, 10 or 12 rounds?

Comment

I was kidding because there are a lot of police on here. I in fact am terrible at these things so I was also poking fun at myself. I apologizes if it came off any other way. W/O spell check I could not get a job :/

Comment

My thing is trucks.

I have to cross a mountain every day, twice, to get to work. Fucking tractor trailers will be going 35mph/65 up the mountain....and decide that they need to pass the next truck doing 34mph.

There are no signs saying no passing for trucks, etc....but there need to be.

There is also a PERFECTLY USABLE RAIL ROAD going through the mountain.

Also the left lane cruisers and the mergers who stop.....I'll drive right around them at times. (I know, unsafe, but why should I have to stop and risk being rear-ended too? I've seen it happen many times...)
                        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Take the title, remove the "on the highway" part, yeah, nailed it. There really aren't "drivers" anymore. They are all passengers playing with cell phones, gps, bowl of cereal (for reals), some just happen to be in the driver's seat.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
                            Yes^ I love this. People are afraid to step on the gas, or are unable to calculate that if they accelerate in the merging lane, they can actually merge with the traffic instead of f'ng it up.

Here in Germany, the far left lane is strictly passing/faster traffic. When there are 3 lanes, I usually cruise in the middle unless there's no limit, then I use the right lane. When someone has to merge, the right lane traffic must move over whenever possible to allow them in, most people read the road and move over at least 100m before the merge, i'll flash if they seem unsure.

I wish the U.S. was more strict/people were more conciencious (sp?) in regards to traffic laws.

Comment

Generally I think traffic is fine in the US. What I hate is the couple people who think they are more important than everyone else and drive like complete assholes. I hate it when people swerve and cut people off by bobbing and weaving through traffic.
                              Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                              Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                              Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

driving from LA to SD every week I have learned that the "slow" lane is the place to be

Comment

Working...
                                X