what do you guys think of these wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do you guys think of these wheels?

i've started to restore my diamondschwartz ix and have been looking around for a set of wheels. i came across this new set on craigslist. they are being sold by some cheesy wheel shop but the price is reasonable. i not a super huge fan of the gold centers, but i think i could live with them on black car.

looks like the offset is right.

sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Good looking wheels there.
    sigpic
    Reich und Roll!

Comment

Doooo it
      And order some bmw stickers fir the center cap

Comment

Those will fit fine, I would recommend bigger rubber though. mayb e 215 or 225/40/17s depending what available in your area.
        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

they look ok. it might look like a donk on stock suspension and I'll bet they're heavy. But they look better than bottlecaps. :p

the offset is actually a smidge high. you might rub the front struts. my 15x7.5" wheels are ET36 and I run a 3mm spacer to clear the struts (I have a stud kit so not a big deal - and my wheels aren't hubcentric anyway).

That would be the other question - what's the center bore? I bet it's not 57.1mm. It's OK if they are not hub centric but only if you run a stud kit. if you run them with bolts it'll be a pain in the ass to install and you'll likely have vibrations.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Those looks cool
            https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
            https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

Those look similar to style 5's, I agree with Nando that 17's might look too big for the IX

Comment

16 or 17 is a matter of preference. They are probably made of cheap metal with thick heavy castings though.
                AWD > RWD

Comment

ehh agree w/ the above, 17s are too big on the ix.
                  www.instagram.com/snwmble
                  #snwmble

Current:
                  '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                  '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                  '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                  '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                  '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                  '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                  '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                  '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

I dont think 17s are too big.

Comment

^those are really pretty. if its your car, do you happen to know the offset and width? my ix already has h&r/billy suspension. i assume this car has something similar? i might prefer an inch higher in the front and a half inch lower in the rear, but your stance looks good.

the mtech II in my sig has 17's. its rwd (obviously) with h&r/billy suspension. i think the wheel size looks good but i do have some troubles with them rubbing on the inner fenders during tight turns. i also have some trouble going over bumps with the wheels turned. i have made a couple minor booboo's on my fender lips.

i am not opposed to 16's or 17's, i am just trying to find something that looks great but keeps the cost down. this will be my 3rd running bmw(not to mention a couple more that don't) plus a heavy duty pickup truck. my wife is getting ready to throttle me since i am won't part with any of them.

this wheel is probably my first choice but he only has 2 and one is bent:

Last edited by flyboyx; 09-29-2015, 05:48 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by red_liner740 View Post
                        i dont think 17s are too big.

+1

Comment

Not digging the bump/dish of the centers but looks ok. Only concern is if they can handle Houston potholes.

Comment

I don't think 17s are too big, I just don't think they would look good with a stock ride height. and 16s don't have great tire selection (neither do 15s). basically we all have to upgrade to 18" to get decent tires. :p
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

It is mine, but i cant provide info right now. I bought it with those rims and 15" rims that are on right now. I do know that those rims require spacers which the owner couldnt locate at time of sale. When i get home from my business trip ill give you the dims on the rims.

Adjustable Bilsteins but not sure on springs. Dont think they are h&rs.

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                              ^those are really pretty. if its your car, do you happen to know the offset and width? my ix already has h&r/billy suspension. i assume this car has something similar? i might prefer an inch higher in the front and a half inch lower in the rear, but your stance looks good.

the mtech II in my sig has 17's. its rwd (obviously) with h&r/billy suspension. i think the wheel size looks good but i do have some troubles with them rubbing on the inner fenders during tight turns. i also have some trouble going over bumps with the wheels turned. i have made a couple minor booboo's on my fender lips.

i am not opposed to 16's or 17's, i am just trying to find something that looks great but keeps the cost down. this will be my 3rd running bmw(not to mention a couple more that don't) plus a heavy duty pickup truck. my wife is getting ready to throttle me since i am won't part with any of them.

this wheel is probably my first choice but he only has 2 and one is bent:

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/5231862726.html

Comment

Working...
                              X