X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate post

Comment

Originally posted by e30_302 View Post
      The CC director is mike@chumpcar.com if you want a straight answer.
      Thanks. Gonna contact him to get some clarifications.

Lee
      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Whoops looks like his email has gone more official- Mike.chisek@chumpcar.com. Tech director is Phil.mckinney@chumpcar.com
        sigpic

Comment

...Pro3 requires stock brakes, too, and we run 8 hours on a set of PF08's.

The ducts matter a lot, but they work when they're done right.

t
          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

I've been racing in Chump for 6 seasons and have never seen a protest upheld over brakes. There is a specific car that ran/runs 6 piston wilwoods with aluminum hubs and hats and they some how were able to pull it off.

Most* teams swap their brakes out for larger OEM equipment from a different model and Chump seems to be fine with that. A lot of the E30 teams I see run stock brakes with good pads and frozen rotors and they never report any issues.
            Current: '91 DS M3, '03 TS M3 (6MT)
            '06 Chevy 2500 Duramax - Race car hauler, '90 Corvette - Weekend toy
            Past: '88 AW M3, '87 RB M6, '98 CS M3, '88 DS M3, '88 Zinno M3, '88 AW SETA (facelift),
            1988 Super E (Bronzit - grey wrap)- RIP, 1986 353, 1986 VW Jetta (vr6) - Racecar

IG: RDE_Fabrications
            Check us out
            Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

We run stock E36 stuff on our stock e36 but run upgraded pads and ducts. We swap out rotors at the end of the night as they are consumables.
              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                We run stock E36 stuff on our "stock" e36 but run upgraded pads and ducts. We swap out rotors at the end of the night as they are consumables.
                In the spirit of Chump....FIFY ;D
                Current: '91 DS M3, '03 TS M3 (6MT)
                '06 Chevy 2500 Duramax - Race car hauler, '90 Corvette - Weekend toy
                Past: '88 AW M3, '87 RB M6, '98 CS M3, '88 DS M3, '88 Zinno M3, '88 AW SETA (facelift),
                1988 Super E (Bronzit - grey wrap)- RIP, 1986 353, 1986 VW Jetta (vr6) - Racecar

IG: RDE_Fabrications
                Check us out
                Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                  ...but I thought that was the point of the 'crapcan' racing orgs-

"Look, I can drive any old crap on track with cheap parts that might work on a good day"

as opposed to the SCCA model, where every rule is meant to be pushed right out to the edge, and cost be damned...

not that I have a horse in this one, as I don't race in either.

t
                  LeMons is a contest to see how badly your car can break and brag about how blowed up it got. In that regard, we've been doing fairly well.

We'll try Chump after our eta engine bites the dust and put in our spare M20B25 but if the lines gets blurred between SCCA-style money blowing to maximize limits and "cheap" racing then it might be a SpecE30 build and then go do something really stupid and slow for LeMons.

Originally posted by Snowmann View Post
                  I also have to disagree. We run stock original brake calipers rebuilt annually, cheapish rotors, and have run 12 hours on PFC 08 compound pads with the fastest laps in the night late in the race.
                  +1. LeMonAid is fast and wins races with stock calipers / rotors IIRC.

Lee sells upgrade brakes so it is in his best interest to say the stock brakes are dumb, unsafe, and can't possible work for racing. #alternatebrakes

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
                    Lee sells upgrade brakes so it is in his best interest to say the stock brakes are dumb, unsafe, and can't possible work for racing. #alternatebrakes
                    Damn... Makes you wonder why BMW stopped producing the e30 25 years ago if there was nothing to improve on ;-) Fools...

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
                      We'll try Chump after our eta engine bites the dust and put in our spare M20B25 but if the lines gets blurred between SCCA-style money blowing to maximize limits and "cheap" racing

It is if you want to play at the pointy end of the stick in Chump.

Considering several teams of brought full on SPEC E30 to the Chumpionships, you're going to need a bigger boat.
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                        Damn... Makes you wonder why BMW stopped producing the e30 25 years ago if there was nothing to improve on ;-) Fools...
                        I like your products for higher HP heavier E30's, but I have raced in Lemons with stock brakes and they worked perfectly in 80-90 degree weather. Yes you produce a product better than the original. But for those of us running a lightened e30 with stock brakes in crap car racing don't "need" your product. Comments like the above only tarnish your companies reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                          It is if you want to play at the pointy end of the stick in Chump.

Considering several teams of brought full on SPEC E30 to the Chumpionships, you're going to need a bigger boat.
                          The car is important, but isn't the most critical item, prep it decently, cheat just a little bit, don't scrimp on maintenance and you'll be okay. What you really need are a few hotshoes, a solid game plan, and a reliable support team to back that up.

I mean, if a 318is running stock brakes with PFCs can podium at Daytona, a 325 can undoubtedly do the same.

Comment

+1 for stock brakes being perfectly fine on a stock engine'd E30. Especially a lightened race car with 200tw tires, track pads, and proper brake ducting. And super especially when cost is a major factor in your race series.

Although i do have a Massive kit on my track car, customer relations hasn't really ever been a department that Lee shines in or seems to care about. :(
                            The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Originally posted by berlow94 View Post
                              Although i do have a Massive kit on my track car, customer relations hasn't really ever been a department that Lee shines in or seems to care about. :(
                              It's definitely getting interesting. And your real name is ? Andrew perhaps, who bought used parts 4 years from Brendan by any chance? Not a customer in fact ;-)

BTW All my customers are very well supported. I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. Perhaps you want to share specifics here in the open instead of spreading rumors.
                              Last edited by Massive Lee; 03-08-2017, 06:08 PM.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                                It's definitely getting interesting. And your real name is ?

BTW All my customers are very well supported. I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. Perhaps you want to share specifics here in the open instead of spreading rumors.

But you may be right in a way, I have a short fuse for spoiled brats.
                                I think your cocky response kinda sums up my previous statement!
                                My real name is Andrew Berlow. I have your 300x32mm kit front & rear on my track car. I tried to get a set of replacement e-brake drums from you. (The special ones that you make to use the factory e-brake with your custom aluminum hats) You charged me some crazy amount of money and the wrong parts showed up. I returned them and fab'd the proper fitting ones on my own milling machine & lathe. I also have a good friend who sold your kits at his shop in the past and has had nothing but terrible dealings with you.

I agree that your kits are top notch for the high hp engine swap E30 community, but are you seriously trying to convince the Lemons/Chump guys that they should drop $1700+ on brakes?

FYI guys, i'll happily supply you with the measurements for Lee's adaptors & hats. You can also source the Wilwood rotors & calipers for much cheaper than what Lee is asking from common vendors such as Summit Racing.
                                The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X