Name this tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name this tool

I found it on a E28, it has a small ball bearing inside that moves freely inside of it. One end is threaded. Does anyone know what it is?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0621.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	7249913Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0622.jpg
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	7249914Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0623.jpg
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	7249915
    sigpic
    Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Reading the title, totally expected to see a pic of a person.

Like example A:

From the design perspective, it's something meant to restrict pressure from the threaded end from passing through, my first thought was something related to brakes.
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

If you blow through it, does it let air pass from the thread side, but not towards the threads?

Looks like a self bleeder.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Looks like a fart kazoo with 1/4" NPT (National Poop Taper) threads

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post

Like example A:

From the design perspective, it's something meant to restrict pressure from the threaded end from passing through, my first thought was something related to brakes.
          I was thinking is was either air/tires related or brakes as you mentioned. I spent a couple hours trying to google it but came up empty.

Thanks
          sigpic

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
            If you blow through it, does it let air pass from the thread side, but not towards the threads?

Looks like a self bleeder.
            I have not tried blowing through it. I'll give a try once I get home tonight.

Thanks
            sigpic

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

are you assuming it's a BMW made tool, or are you simply saying you found it laying in an e28?
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                are you assuming it's a BMW made tool, or are you simply saying you found it laying in an e28?
                I'm assuming this is a BMW made tool as I found it in the E28 tool tray in trunk in the foam insert that BMW put the spare bulbs in. It has same feel and color of the window tool.
                sigpic

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

it's a kidney-stone release tool. You thread it into your urethra to let the little bastards escape. the ball bearing is a check valve so they can't crawl back up inside. ;)
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    it's a kidney-stone release tool. You thread it into your urethra to let the little bastards escape. the ball bearing is a check valve so they can't crawl back up inside. ;)
                    You speak from experience? Lol
                    sigpic

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

No. maybe.. I have this friend.. :p
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Well, on that note, it was the eighties after all. It's actually an official oem BMW cocaine snorting straw. No self respecting, bimmer driving, coke addict would dare be seen in a club using a dirty rolled up hundred dollar bill. Hell no! The check valve is actually to keep the powder from shooting back out of your nose when you sneeze.
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                          Well, on that note, it was the eighties after all. It's actually an official oem BMW cocaine snorting straw. No self respecting, bimmer driving, coke addict would dare be seen in a club using a dirty rolled up hundred dollar bill. Hell no! The check valve is actually to keep the powder from shooting back out of your nose when you sneeze.
                          Lawl!
                          My previous build (currently E30-less)
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post

Like example A:

That and Flyboy's post made me laugh out loud at work. :thankyou:
                            Estoguy
                            1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

shit. I just needed that. coke snorted back out my nose....

t
                              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
                              X