Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1990 325iX, 4 Dr, 5 Spd, - No Longer Available

FS: 1990 325iX, 4 Dr, 5 Spd,

This is my long time traveling/commuting partner that has sadly succumbed to the ravages of time faster than I had bandwidth and capability to keep up with. My original goal had been to bring it back to good running order (rehab, NOT restoration), but that morphed into buying one in better shape and using this car for parts. Unfortunately, a cross-country move coming up soon and other higher priorities have nixed those plans. I can't just let it go off to a junk yard without giving it a better option!

The car was running right up to the time I parked it in June of 2014. I had intended to start it and check things on a regular basis, but that didn't happen, so it sat unmolested (except for a couple mice and the weather) for all that time. I tried starting it a couple months ago and got good turnover and some indication of spark, but no start. It rolls around pretty freely, but shouldn't be driven as is.

The car appears to have spent a lot of years in the New York City area until I brought it to Vermont in early 2003. It was a helluva lotta fun there until we took it to New Mexico. It has made one round-trip and a one-way run back to the east coast and was flawless. It was a daily driver, sharing days with my motorcycle the last five years, right up until it was parked.

Walking around the car - Obvious rust to the body and some underneath. Left front fender crumpled from careless neighbor. Both driver side doors have a lot of bottom rust. Driver door restraint (???) is broken inside, so door swings freely when open. Driver-side passenger door has poorly repaired ding (previous owner). Front of right front fender dinged (me). Rear end repaired (not terribly well) from unmanned back-up encounter with tree (my son). Sorry about the earlier model bumper from the donor rear end. Drove completely fine after body repair, still a little crooked (passenger side a little low).

Interior - I bought a cloth set of seats and the corresponding door panels to replace the leather(ette). They look and feel nicer, though the front seats are threadbare and the top of the rear seat back is hard. Only two small cracks in the dash. Headliner is great. Everything else is pretty good, too.

On the mechanical side - Front brakes and shocks are about shot. E-brake was removed when it threw a shoe. Rear brakes are fine - spare set of rotors with the car. Newish radiator and major tune-up. A/C updated to R-134. Has the BMW security system installed, with remote. Factory wheels and center caps (one cap missing the insert decal, but I have it - worn). Second set of 14 inch steel wheels for snow tires (all seasons on them now). All tires are useable, but worn. Hood hinge very stiff and hood release broken. Sunroof does not leak and was fully functional both ways when parked. The engine was smooth and reliable when parked, as was the transmission. Engine used a little oil, but no smoke. There was a little leakage. Even though I haven't done a jack test, I believe the front end drive components to be fully functional. Speaking of which, the driver-side half shaft failed and was replaced three years back with a used item. Both sides seem to be fine.

I think this car is still an option for someone serious about a rehab project. At the least, it is a good parts car ? engine, drivetrain, interior part, glass.

Please help me find this car a home . . . other than the junk yard!
    John @ four-one-oh|four-7-four|thirty-seven-fifteen

List Date: 2/22/2017

For more info, click here to view the original listing: FS: 1990 325iX, 4 Dr, 5 Spd,
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

I'd be there tonight to buy it if I were closer.

Screaming deal for someone who needs iX parts.
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

I want it. I sent you a text.

edit: sold.
      Last edited by Kershaw; 02-27-2017, 10:13 AM.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
      X