Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

avs es100s are crap. i miss avs intermediates

Originally posted by vlad
    Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe318is View Post
      avs es100s are crap. i miss avs intermediates
      I'll give you one thing: the AVS intermediates were legendary tires, and the ES100 is kind of an also-ran. Not really crap though, it's one of the few no-excuses tires when it comes to steering response vs. ride quality.

It's a moot point though. The new S.drive is replacing the ES100 this year, and it's supposed to be faster in both dry and wet (faster in wet wouldn't be very hard to do...), with better treadwear. I'm hoping I get good testing on those before I buy new tires for summer.

Comment

Looks like it will be hankook's. BFG should try to get their edge back they know there are plenty of auto X guys and track guys that still run medium sized tires for our lighter sized cars.

Comment

Personally, I'd go with the 215/45/16 RT-615's. $100 they're faster on the same width rim.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            Personally, I'd go with the 215/45/16 RT-615's. $100 they're faster on the same width rim.
            sidewalls is too small. i have 215/50-16 and the sidewall is even too small then [4"] ride quality is good, but i fear potholes and road debris.
            Last edited by Hick; 02-08-2007, 01:53 PM.

Originally posted by vlad
            Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

These are going to for street use, I will run r comps on stock 15's.

Comment

Joe, what? 215/45/16 is only 1/4" smaller of a sidewall compared to 205/50 or 225/45. Barely noticeable.

And yeah, I guess for exclusive street use the 95% as effective R-S2's are a good choice. The massive rain channels are reason enough.

Comment

a 205 would not be a good choice on a 8" wheel thou. I have 16x8 and a bunch of 16x7.5's that will be needing tires.

RT 615 would be a great dry summer tire but here along the coast we tend to get some unexpected thunder storms. Having tires with the good rain channeling is more asuring than just dry tire.

Comment

Falken makes 225/45-16 in a few different tire models.

FK451,
                    FK452, a "VIP" or reinforced version of FK451
                    and ZE512, 420 treadwear all-season tires.
                    Last edited by 92 mtechnic cabrio; 02-11-2007, 09:18 AM.
                    R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Originally posted by SchnellerVert View Post
                      a 205 would not be a good choice on a 8" wheel thou.
                      Why not? Static width of a 205 tire is........you guessed it, ~205mm. Therefore, a 205 tire is approx 8" wide.

Comment

I don't think tire sizes and section and/or tread width are all standardized. On another note, an 8" wheel isn't recommended by any tire manufacturer for a 205/50/16 tire.

But I see geniuses putting 195s on 9" wheels so what do I know?
                        87 325IS - Delphin Grey/Cardinal

Comment

205 are recommended up to 7.5" in width for the most part. I tend to agree with them 205 is too narrow of a width for an 8" wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post
                            Why not? Static width of a 205 tire is........you guessed it, ~205mm. Therefore, a 205 tire is approx 8" wide.
                            205's are slightly strechted on a 7.5" rim, and as 'IS' mentioned 205s are not recommended for a 8" rim.

Comment

Originally posted by Borat View Post
                              205's are slightly strechted on a 7.5" rim, and as 'IS' mentioned 205s are not recommended for a 8" rim.
                              I disagree, it's more like, proper on a 7.5" rim, and slightly stretched on an 8" rim.

A tire is not supposed to be "stretch mounted" onto a rim, ever, and if a 205 is okay with a tire company to be mounted onto a 7.5" rim, then it won't be stretched.

Comment

Find me a tire manufacturer that lists a 205/50R16 as suitable for a 8" rim. I'll get a pick of 205 on 7.5" rims, and see for yourself. IMHO they are stretched.

If you can't get 225/45 for an 8" rim then I'd go 215/45, I'm not sure how well 215/50 will fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X