Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drove the Jeep in 12+" of snow. For some reason I don't think the E30 would have done so well with that.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Didn't drive my E30 on Friday because there was simply too much snow around where I live for it's lowered stance. But, I did drive it really early this morning up to the I70 park and ride to go skiing. Two things:

-love my snow tires...I was one of the few people making passes on I25 at 630 in the morning.

-thank God for my skid plate...there were way too many crusty patches in the center of the lanes that made nasty crunching sounds as my skid plate crushed them!

Comment

Took mine up my un-plowed driveway with ~ 1' drifts. Punched right through. I've had all manner of Subarus and even an X3 get stuck on my driveway, all with snow tires. The E30 iX is a beast in snow, no doubt.
        '88 iX Money Pit/Labor of Love

Comment

abarth commercial takes the cake - f-n hilarious...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcausey View Post
            abarth commercial takes the cake - f-n hilarious...
            yes
            318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
            '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
              I drove the Jeep in 12+" of snow. For some reason I don't think the E30 would have done so well with that.
              aah, it woulda been aaight.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                aah, it woulda been aaight.
                Ha! I would have tried it if I had the snow tires on! Just power though it right?

Comment

So if I buy an Abarth, does the cute italian chick come too?

great ad.
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                    Ha! I would have tried it if I had the snow tires on! Just power though it right?
                    The E30 doubles nicely as a plow.

Comment

That second picture is great!

Comment

My 325i is a beast in the snow, here's a little go pro video when I went to work on Friday

Comment

Love to drive the e30's in the snow, ditched the e36 for the rest of what is left of "have winter "........ btw... anyone from here going to bimmerfest???
                          sigpic
                          HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                          " enjoy the show "

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                            The E30 doubles nicely as a plow.
                            Kinda what mine looked like on Friday! Just wondering, but does anyone else throw a couple summer tires in the trunk on slick days? Seems to help a bit in my 318, but could be a placebo effect.

Alpine II 318is

Comment

Originally posted by wh00sh View Post
                              Took mine up my un-plowed driveway with ~ 1' drifts. Punched right through. I've had all manner of Subarus and even an X3 get stuck on my driveway, all with snow tires. The E30 iX is a beast in snow, no doubt.
                              Foot and a half here. Its pretty ridiculous how capable iX's are.

Comment

I got a box in the mail today.

DSCN4033 by ericandshovin, on Flickr
                                My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X