This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks man.

Dude I love the Mini. We should get it and my Midget together for a small car photo shoot.
    JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

that's the best kind of Mini, back when they were actually miniature.

Comment

I am probably going to be picking up an E39 soon as my parents are tired of my E30 shit with all of it's problems.

I am researching coilovers for it right now. I have found a few kits available. As it is an E39, it will probably never see track time, if it does it will only be a few times. That being said, I don't want to spend 2k on a GC set-up. I have found a few sets in the 1-1.3k range.

I guess this is basically a KW set-up without adjustable shocks. Meaning they are matched to the spring rates from the factory. I only hear good things about KW products.

This is the FK equivalent of the STs. I haven't ever heard much about this brand, it seems to be popular in Europe. They are also zinc coated.

The adjustable verison of the Fk's.

The H&R non-adjustable kit. Eric, you are running this kit, right?

The Bilstein non-adjustable kit.

BC Racing is a leading provider of custom aftermarket suspension kits and coilovers. Shop BC Racing replacement parts for your suspension at Enjuku Racing.

The BC kit. I hear decent reviews about it.

Again, this wont be a track car. Maybe a track day here and there for fun. I don't really want to just do shocks and springs. From what I have read, the E39 doesn't have very much travel and when lowering a good amount you need the shortened shock bodies.

Comment

^^ what are the problems you are having with tlyour e30 and how much are you goin to sell it for
          sigpic
          HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
          " enjoy the show "

Comment

Originally posted by hyperE30 View Post
            ^^ what are the problems you are having with tlyour e30 and how much are you goin to sell it for
            It is my ix. I am going to part it. It needs pretty much everything except for plugs, wires and an O2 sensor. The whole drivetrain needs work. The t-case is blown.

Comment

I would NOT get BCs, they are crap.

ST coils would get my vote, if you neeeeeeeeeeeed coils.

PSS9 if you want adjustability.

There are no situations where I'd go BC over something with a quality damper.
              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                I would NOT get BCs, they are crap.

ST coils would get my vote, if you neeeeeeeeeeeed coils.

PSS9 if you want adjustability.

There are no situations where I'd go BC over something with a quality damper.
                I figured BC's weren't worth it. The PSS9 are pretty expensive last I checked.
                Out of curiosity is there anything bad about the FK's?

Comment

I don't know enough about FKs to guess.
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                    I don't know enough about FKs to guess.
                    Fair enough. I think I will probably go with the ST's, I will look into the FKs. I think they may be more a "stance" suspension like the BCs.

Comment

You're seriously just going to part out an iX just because the drivetrain is busted?

Let someone buy it cheap it fix it up proper-like. I'd be willing to do it just to save another iX from the fiery wrath of another broke teenager.

Comment

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

just figured id throw this out there.
                          im actually from Wyoming but there's a nice car show every first Saturday of the month down in golden Colorado and i know im gonna be there this upcoming month cinco de mayo. it should be good. would be real nice to see a bunch of other e30s there with me.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                            It is my ix. I am going to part it. It needs pretty much everything except for plugs, wires and an O2 sensor. The whole drivetrain needs work. The t-case is blown.
                            I think the shell its to clean to part out, tx me or pm me what's on your mind..

Originally posted by ortega1212 View Post
                            just figured id throw this out there.
                            im actually from Wyoming but there's a nice car show every first Saturday of the month down in golden Colorado and i know im gonna be there this upcoming month cinco de mayo. it should be good. would be real nice to see a bunch of other e30s there with me.
                            Hmm.... not if there is goin to be all kinds of want to be cholos in civics..

Lol.. I kid
                            sigpic
                            HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                            " enjoy the show "

Comment

why E39, and why coilovers? Such an odd combination. Depending on the E39, it can be more maintenance intensive than a good ol' rwd E30.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperE30 View Post
                                I think the shell its to clean to part out, tx me or pm me what's on your mind..

Your welcome to come look at it.

Why E39? I want something bigger for driving around with more than just two people. It will also be nice for the 10hr back and forth from school.

Comment

Working...
                                X