Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New E34 Subwoofer and amp rack, now with lower prices!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New E34 Subwoofer and amp rack, now with lower prices!

Hi kids!

We have recently re-tooled our entire shop and streamlined our processes.

This is good for everyone, as it has led to two things: better quality and lower prices.

So, in light of this, let me present the freshly redesigned E34 12" subwoofer enclosure!

Closeup of the gasket:

With the amplifier display installed (lame pic, sorry) :

So, now that you see what we are discussing, lets talk about prices

The E34 12" box in black or gray is now only $239 plus shipping.

The Amplifier display is $199 plus shipping.

If you do the combination of the box and amp display, we will throw in free shipping!

(we will invoice you for the shipping charges once your order is ready to ship)

So, lets talk about the subwoofer itself. This is a vented 2.0 cubic foot enclosure, tuned to 32 Hz. You can expect very tight, clean, clear top quality bass form this box using a modest woofer and minimal power.

However, this has enough room for much bigger woofers. For example, this will fit an Alpine Type R (NOT a recommended choice BTW, but it fits!) so should you decide that you want more power handling, no problem.

BTW, my car currently has roughly 300 watts RMS on that Alpine TypeR.

The thing plays very loud, close to 140db I would guess.

Lets talk about the install for just a minute:

This subwoofer can be ported into the cabin 3 ways.

First, if you want to see what I am talking about, shove your head in the trunk and look at the underside of your rear deck, way up near the back seat. You will see a bunch of square holes that vent into the underside of the rear deck, near the stock speaker locations.

Our ports line up nicely with those ports and can be used just as it is, by simply shoving the box in place and screwing through the skipass area.

You don't need to do anything, not even pull the seat. Shove, screw, enjoy, just that simple.

However, if you feel you might want even more bass out of your subwoofer, you have 2 additional options.

First, you can open up the vent holes and install the (included) port tubes through the rear sheet metal. This requires very little cutting and the stock rear deck allows nice venting through the stock speaker grilles. Since your rear speakers are already in boxes, the energy of the subwoofer will not cause distortions by beating the crap out of your speakers.

Next, for those willing to have the port tubes showing, you can go that one step further and cut holes in your rear deck to port directly into the box.

Currently, mine has the "no mods" install and works very well until I get to stupid loud bass, like heavy rap. At very high volume I get a tiny bit of rattle from the rear deck, so I will be porting mine through the metal first, mostly so I can get pictures of it, and then through the rear deck itself.

I highly recommend you start with the can uncut, then modify if you find it necessary.

We have these in stock and ready to ship. Please do not send payment until you have received our payment instructions. Things can get pretty messy here if they aren't followed.

Please direct any further questions to sales@germanaudiospecialties.com

Thanks!
    Luke

August R3VLimited Special: E3012 "V3" box: $225 shipped

Tutorials: Killer $500 Stereo | E30 Vert Dual 8'' Box Installation | E3010 Amp Rack Installation | Radio Wiring and Amp Bypass

E34 boxes still ready to ship!

Tutorials: Killer $500 Stereo | E30 Vert Dual 8'' Box Installation | E3010 Amp Rack Installation | Radio Wiring and Amp Bypass

Comment

Luke, I need to make myself a cover for the amp etc...any e34 templates that you may already have?
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Unless you already have exactly the correct spacing, it won't fit anyway.

Figure out your spacing and use cardboard to make your template...cut and fit, cut and fit cut and fit until perfect, then trace onto whatever material you are using...then even more cutting and fitting...then upholster.

(it is a big old pain in the ass)

Our amp racks are different though. We laminate 1/4" and 1/2" MDF using Tite Bond 2 glue to make the faces. Laminated and glued, they don't warp and are much stronger, plus we designed them to fit the window. The mounting frame is built the same way, but with space for the fans to keep stuff cool.

LF

Comment

Thanks, I fogired that's what I would have to do. thanks!

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I literally want an E34 just so I can put this in it.

Comment

Anybody in northern california interested in hearing how the box sounds with a simple/cheap Polk Audio DB 12" let me know, I've been into car audio for 10+ years on/off (hifi home audio took over lol) and although my system is fairly simple with image dynamics components upfront and a single 12 in Luke's box with 1 4ch amplifier it rocks with anything I throw at it from jazz to rock to rap to techno.

If you are into audio, and want a good sound, you owe yourself to buy this product and enjoy quality sound for years to come. Subwoofers aren't only for the guys who drive down the block rattling their license plates, they are essential to bringing the lower octave into ANY music.

Support this dude who is trying to make an honest living making a product for the POS e34 cars that we love to drive and work on !

Comment

HOTT Luke

Comment

Originally posted by wannaBMthree View Post
                  HOTT Luke
                  Thanks! I wish I had been able to get these ready for 5er West, I am sure we would have more interest in them now.

I just cannot believe we have only sold one! Thy sound great, fit nice, no rattles, leave plenty of space, allow spare tire access...just everything, plus they don't even need much power...WTF?

Luke

Closing SOON!
                  "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by German Audio Specialties View Post
                    Shove, screw, enjoy, just that simple.
                    Sig'd!
                    Originally posted by kronus
                    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                      sig'd!
                      baaahahahha!

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

You E34 guys have got to want a sub, right?

Closing SOON!

Comment

Sunday BUMP!

Closing SOON!

Comment

E34 guys, no interest?

Closing SOON!

Comment

Working...
                            X