Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get custom serpentine/poly-v pulley made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get custom serpentine/poly-v pulley made?

Ok so I have big dreams of an eaton m90 feeding my m30, and the one crucial part I can't make myself is the crank pulley. I've taken all of the necessary measurements and have the stock double v-belt (AC, PS) and m90 8 rib pulleys should I need to measure anything else. Anybody know of a place that can make a pulley for me? I was going to give it a shot on my dad's lathe but he thinks it is too small for the task.
    Jah bless! :pimp:

I think you should try it. You'll probably want to grind a cutter, at least for the final 'V' form,
    but otherwise, the dimensions for multi-v belts are all over the internets.

Me, I would take myself and my caliper to the pull-your- part and go browsing to see
    if I could find something close I could adapt.

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

I've been looking into this others have used e36 crank pulley / e39 power steering pulley.

I already have the charger I just need to figure out how to feed the beast. Stefou drifting on YouTube has done it and it looks great, sadly his website does not work. I need to get in touch to ask questions no one has done this and documented it

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
        I think you should try it. You'll probably want to grind a cutter, at least for the final 'V' form,
        but otherwise, the dimensions for multi-v belts are all over the internets.

Me, I would take myself and my caliper to the pull-your- part and go browsing to see
        if I could find something close I could adapt.

t
        This is wrong. grinding a tool is not the way to do this and it's dangerous. Offset your tool post to the desired angle is the right answer.

Comment

I have a machine shop and could build something like that (I have for myself many times)

Comment

Stock pulleys arent big enough. Check stefou's facebook page, he speaks mostly french but I got a bunch of info from the guy in the comments of his pictures. A buddy made his pulley and he's boosted conservatively due to having the 10:1 euro m30b34. I found specs on the pitch of eaton pulleys and drafted up a pulley of the right size to end up with the same ratio as a stock tbird super coupe has, jackshafts accounted for. One of the 8 holes is clocked differently than the rest.

All things considered the m30 and sc 3.8 have similar redlines and I bet their heads are similarly asthmatic, once I get my pulley made by a friend of a friend I should have around 12psi like a stock t bird on my b35 with b34 cam, for overlap purposes.
            Last edited by Streichholzschächtelchen; 10-20-2017, 07:53 PM.

Comment

I tossed these papers and the pulley from my eaton m90 at somebody with talent and the right tools, and while my sketches are crude, they were good enough. Dude said he would round the corners to keep there from being weak points, and figure out the clocking on the strange hole for me. Just need to get the car going before I can get the ball rolling on a pulley now, but this is going to happen. I want reliability and power, and an m30 with an m90 strapped to it seems reliable compared to anything else I can afford.

Came up on an mr-s power steering pump for $40 at the parts yard, good pump if you havent found a way to keep power steering and the serpentine going up front at the same time. I think stefou used a vauxhall pump but those dont pop up here, and the toyota one has it's electronics and reservoir built in.
              Last edited by Streichholzschächtelchen; 10-20-2017, 07:50 PM.

Comment

This is Great, I also have everything needed practically to bolt on the charger, have you figured brackets and mounting yet?

Comment

I'd probably be interested in a pulley if you ever get one lathed out

Comment

I still don't know how im going to mount it but I'd really like to put it in the ac location. I have the "universal" m30, november 87 build date, so it has early and late motor mount provisions. I know a member of this forum shortened the snout on his, should give me all of the room needed. I don't have my block back from the machinist right now so I cant mock things up and see what's possible just yet but next week I get it back with 94mm holes.

I can see wassup with making multiple pulleys once I get to that point, the guy that's making mine is overloadee with work 110% of the time but it'll probably be good.

Comment

Will it even fit there? The M90 is a small supercharger but it is still something like 18" long, plus the length of whatever inlet elbow you put on there. The discharge will also take up some room, whether you mount it with the discharge on the top, bottom or side.

IG @turbovarg
                      '91 318is, M20 turbo
                      [CoTM: 4-18]
                      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                      - updated 1-26

Comment

Maybe, i forgot who it was but somebody on this forum shortened the snout on theirs to make it fit in the ac location, the guy also ran a weird green belt on it. Mine is from a tbird so it's a little shorter than the buick, pontiac, olds versions so that helps a little. For inlet I'm thinking of cutting a hole in the firewall and sealing off the passenger side hvac vent to avoid a fat hole in the hood. If I have to I'll run headers to make space for it to happen, and a skid plate to hide said headers. For discharge I'll probably end up making something custom to make a fairly straight shot to a fmic, and feed the manifold on the opposite side of stock. The less bends the better aiming for 270ish° and entering the other side makes the air not do a 180 in the manifold, more crossflow action. Gonna search for the thread with the shortened m90 snout now.

Lithium shortened his snout 2.75", https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...ight=eaton+m90

I cant find the thread where dude runs the green garden hose colored belt but he shortened his snout and ran in the ac location. I know it's possible. Also, jags have a shorter snout idk if it would work on a tbird m90 tho.
                        Last edited by Streichholzschächtelchen; 11-01-2017, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X