No announcement yet.

Chase Bays M54B30 E30 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fab work going into this is brilliant, the inline heatsink is great & when you look at it just makes sense.

Will be looking forward to more updates

Comment

So awesome. When will the power steering kit be available on ChaseBays? - I'll be doing an rack swap in the near future and it would be a good upgrade.
      sigpic

89' 325is - Alpine

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony B View Post
        The fab work going into this is brilliant, the inline heatsink is great & when you look at it just makes sense.

Will be looking forward to more updates
        Thank you! It did just seem right once it was all in place.

Originally posted by VBe30 View Post
        So awesome. When will the power steering kit be available on ChaseBays? - I'll be doing an rack swap in the near future and it would be a good upgrade.
        Definitely a good time to do so. Doing a big pre-order for E30 & E36 kits for Black Friday - Cyber Monday! M20, M5x/S5x, M54/S54, 1JZ/2JZ, and GM LS.
        www.ChaseBays.com
        Chase Bays Instagram
        Chase McMaster Instagram

Comment

For fun, the E46

www.ChaseBays.com
          Chase Bays Instagram
          Chase McMaster Instagram

Comment

We need updates

Comment

Updates??
              If I didn't start a build thread did the build really happen?

Comment

Quick update. Blew up the E46 and gave up on it for now. Need another M54B30 to drop in and I will sell it or track it. We almost had our E36 complete so we went ahead and finished it. I've been drifting it non stop and thats priority for me. Nothing but fun and it puts all of our products to the test. Its exterior and engine bay is currently being painted Audi Gray, then I am putting a freshly built S52 in it. Should be a ripper.

I can jump back on the E30 after that in a couple weeks. I tinker with it here and there but the major thing thats holding me back is wiring and heater hoses (strangely). Chase Bays sold the wiring side of the business to Chandler Autosport and now we solely focus on the High End Fluid Transfer Products you see throughout this thread. If you care to read more: http://www.chasebays.com/press/

Since then my time has opened up as planned and I have been able to complete many bits of product development that have been ongoing for a while. Some for years. The most compact Hydraulic Hand Brake in the world, Honda Power Steering Kits & Deletes (thats going to be confusing), Raised Inline Filler Neck, Dual Piston Brake Booster Eliminator, various line kits, etc. Being able to focus on one project and see it to complete in a short span has been great! So I've been busy with that.

I should have finished the M54B30 Engine Harness when we had all the wiring supplies here but I can send all the drawings to Cory @ Chandler Autosport and he can hopefully finish it up. The heater hoses showed up with the perma-crimps on and I am trying to safely cut them off. Needed a dremel, dremel broke, got distracted with easier things. Will be back in a couple weeks!

Last edited by Chase Bays; 05-04-2017, 08:29 AM.
                www.ChaseBays.com
                Chase Bays Instagram
                Chase McMaster Instagram

Comment

Great build, looking forward to future updates!

I really respect and admire what you've built with Chase Bays. Beautiful, functional products, and a nice brand built around them. Keep it up!

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                    Great build, looking forward to future updates!

I really respect and admire what you've built with Chase Bays. Beautiful, functional products, and a nice brand built around them. Keep it up!
                    Thanks a ton! Stuff like this keeps us going.
                    www.ChaseBays.com
                    Chase Bays Instagram
                    Chase McMaster Instagram

Comment

Finally working on this old hag! Business has been crazy lately. Spent a few hundred hours designing our new website. I followed all the rules of SEO, photo optimization, product descriptions at high school reading level, category simplification. So much behind the scenes work to make a proper website these days. The good news is it almost instantly doubled our sales. At the end of the 12 hr day I am TIRED. Its hard to find energy for my cars.

I got the ODP x Gruppe Bavarian Front and Rear Overfenders. Brian Hille is building a SICK 1JZ E30 and needed many Chase Bays Products. So we traded some stuff. =)

I mounted the accelerator pedal. I cut the bottom mount off my stock pedal and glued it to the E46 Drive By Wire pedal using a 2 part 3M plastic adhesive that is insane and smells weird.

I got the coolant outlet connections and rear for hoses.

Made a few changes to our Power Steering Kits. Loving our new Black Inline Coolers!

Sorry for the phone pics, will break out the 5D next time.

www.ChaseBays.com
                      Chase Bays Instagram
                      Chase McMaster Instagram

Comment

E30 updates!!!

Comment

Could you post a different angle of how the reservoir is mounted?

Comment

This was a good read. I remember when this started back in 2016? and forgot about it because the updates were slow. I started looking into the M54 swap and came across this. It's a great project.

Comment

The end?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

So what happen?

Comment

Working...
                                X