Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starts then stops, no oil pressure

I have a 323i l jetronic

Recently did a head gasket and valve stem seal job.

Hooked everything up but connected the fuel return hose and the fuel hose from the tank on wrong sides of the fuel rail and cranked it till it popped off, then switched realising im an idiot.

Now the car will start for about 1 second then die, if i give it gas it wont help. Ive found that if i clamp the fuel return hose down it will run at extremly low RPM for about 20 seconds then eventually die.

Would the Fuel pressure regulator be the problem for it not to keep running because I switched the fuel hoses accidently?

So far i have done:
    Replaced vacuum hoses from additional air slide valve (euro idle control valve), Replaced intake boot, checked fuses, checked spark, checked compression
    Last edited by skitzy777; 08-23-2017, 04:29 AM.
    -E30 323i 1983
    -Honda CB250n 1980

sigpic

Did you get your car sorted? I have an '84 L-Jetronic E30 that I have slowly become reasonably knowledgeable about because it barely ran when I got it.

Fuel pressure regulator is worth a shot to try replacing first up. Shouldn't be very expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by AutobahNZ View Post
      Did you get your car sorted? I have an '84 L-Jetronic E30 that I have slowly become reasonably knowledgeable about because it barely ran when I got it.

Fuel pressure regulator is worth a shot to try replacing first up. Shouldn't be very expensive.
      No, not yet. I ended up taking it to my local mechanic and he is having some trouble with it too. I did replace the FPR but that wasnt the issue. I got lucky and could rev it up to 2k for a little bit so i wouldnt think its not getting enough fuel, but to contradict that i mentioned earlier if i clamped the fuel return it would idle for 20 secs.

I will update if i get it running
      -E30 323i 1983
      -Honda CB250n 1980

sigpic

Comment

Update

It runs, Apparently it was something to do with tidying up some wires, l jetronic i tell you is terrible...

I have a new severe problem though, the mechanic has told me there is ZERO oil pressure, and 15 seconds into the engine running you can hear it start to kill itself.... I replaced the oil filter and that was it, what else could have i done.
        -E30 323i 1983
        -Honda CB250n 1980

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X