Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 Street/TimeAttack (+ E36 V8 Turbo Touring)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest it doesn't put a smile on my face when I open the garage door and see it's still unfinished

Another thing, these parts are currently in production.. finally.. I tried my best to contact everyone who has been inquiring them earlier, in case I didn't: send me email or contact here: https://www.facebook.com/magnusracingteam/
    Will be listed on eBay and Panjo too as soon as they're available.

Facebook - MRT Engineering
    eBay - MRT Engineering
    Instagram - mrtengineering
    YouTube - miugemrt

Comment

nice work

Comment

Thanks! Roll-center kits should be finished next week btw :)

Accidentally found a neat single wiper system for the project, the same part is used in E36 BTCC race cars. Before you ask where to get one, here's the part number: Fiat #77998170. It has same spline/cone angle too to fit orginal wiper arm.

This is much more simple and lighter system than the modified orginal I had earlier.

I was inquiring connection rods earlier this summer, some were too expensive and some cheaper ones seemed to have a bad reputation. One day I noticed SPA Turbo makes conrods too, I had only heard their cast manifolds are great quality, but soon found out lots of their products are used in South America racing scene.
        I did contact them to ask if they have BMW rods, surprisingly they promised to make me a custom set of Super-A beams :) Just got the file and this is how it supposed to look:

Didn't take too long when I had already 3D printed the part for mockup:
        eBay - MRT Engineering
        YouTube - miugemrt

Comment

I'll just leave these here:

eBay - MRT Engineering
          YouTube - miugemrt

Comment

Miuge - that is one AMAZING build . Simple out of this world, it's like going back to watching the old school crazy DTM cars :) Love it!

Also, what a crazy find find on the Fiat wiper assembly! It doesn't look like you have the stock heater/blower box in there, I wonder if that assembly would fit or interfere with the blower fan?

Originally posted by Miuge View Post
            Thanks! Roll-center kits should be finished next week btw :)

Accidentally found a neat single wiper system for the project, the same part is used in E36 BTCC race cars. Before you ask where to get one, here's the part number: Fiat #77998170. It has same spline/cone angle too to fit orginal wiper arm.

This is much more simple and lighter system than the modified orginal I had earlier.
            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Thanks a lot Jean!
              Yeah the build is pretty much inspired by Group5 and DTM cars, I like the looks and the technical solutions. :)

No heater box there, but I supposed to visit another member to test the fitment, just haven't found the time for that yet.. There's a chance it would fit, at least if you'd drop down the blower assembly for an inch or so..
              I'll post updates about it too for sure!
              eBay - MRT Engineering
              YouTube - miugemrt

Comment

Found a brief gap to fabricate the car a little bit. It was time for the rear bumper obviously.
                Pieces set like this, not sure if I bring the flat floor over the edge or not, or will there be some kind of winglets, wheel well will be left open from the back anyway:

Couple of major flaws also appeared when looking from this angle
                eBay - MRT Engineering
                YouTube - miugemrt

Comment

very interested in your bump steer setup, ill be buying a set when ever you have them listed. is the bearing an easily sourced part?

what are you using for front control arms? if tubular how much wider then stock?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostbear777 View Post
                    very interested in your bump steer setup, ill be buying a set when ever you have them listed. is the bearing an easily sourced part?

what are you using for front control arms? if tubular how much wider then stock?
                    Already listed on eBay ;)

Bearings are available around the world, if you can't find any, we can provide them.

Regarding to multiple bearing life questions I took my daily's control arms for a closer inspection today, 16k miles on the clock, bearings good as new even I haven't touched them after installing so they've absorbed quite amount of mud and dirt:
                    817 views, 14 likes, 0 loves, 0 comments, 0 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from MRT Engineering: 16k miles check, lots of dirt but bearings still good as new 👍

We'll be making new control arm kits soon, it's gonna be full billet aluminum design and two different width options: 0+15mm and 30+15mm.
                    eBay - MRT Engineering
                    YouTube - miugemrt

Comment

Made a big decision lately and ordered 100square meters of carbonfiber We'll see if the parts turn out good enough to leave them on bare carbon finish..

In two weeks we should have these finished, $879 incl. shipping worldwide:

And after that I can move on to something I'm personally more interested:
                      eBay - MRT Engineering
                      YouTube - miugemrt

Comment

I need a drift E30
                        sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

So i'm curious about that little fan you posted up like 10 pages ago. Is it just a heater or does it blow air as well? Do you have a link to it? I've been looking for fan alternatives for the e30 for a while cause i hate the hamster wheels.

Honestly a link would be super appreciated. Thanks! This thing is bananas.

Comment

Here you go:

I found out later it's made of a computer water cooling radiator and a 12V computer fan with added sheet metal casing, you could make it by yourself very cheap if you have the skills :)
                            eBay - MRT Engineering
                            YouTube - miugemrt

Comment

Originally posted by Miuge View Post
                              Here you go:

I found out later it's made of a computer water cooling radiator and a 12V computer fan with added sheet metal casing, you could make it by yourself very cheap if you have the skills :)
                              Thank you!

A little bummed that it has the inlets and isn't just an independent heater/fan. Probably more pragmatic to keep with the hamster wheel.

Comment

I've seen different style heaters on eBay lately, there wasn't many options when I bought that one.

Anyway I continued the rear bumper this week, first with some sheet metal strips and then laid fiberglass over those pieces. The gap in center of the bumper is where the 1meter wide diffuser will come out :)

I found original tail lights too:

eBay - MRT Engineering
                                YouTube - miugemrt

Comment

Working...
                                X