• Show
Clear All

i think my lc1 is died.

hello.
    my lc1 seems to be fried.
    The led doesn't flash anymore.
    ms is not reading it.
    Nothing has changed.
    Is there someway to definitely check if it's fried or not.

lasted like 13 years.

I think because of the new manifold the engine bay is running waaaaay hotter and melted something.
    The plastic on the controller seemed...... softened.
    Last edited by LowR3V'in; 07-20-2017, 08:41 PM.

Quite possible. I had the less robust LC 2 unit fail and Innovate refuses to respond to emails. Also had a Bosch sensor go bad which caused havoc but that's not Innovate's fault.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

btw i've been reading that this one is da bomb.

Best Wideband O2 Controllers around, 0.01 Lambda accurate, fast response, 2 year warranty. Open source @ $35. Plug & play @ $75. 52mm gauge w/ display @ $110

Comment

Best Wideband O2 Controllers around, 0.01 Lambda accurate, fast response, 2 year warranty. Open source @ $35. Plug & play @ $75. 52mm gauge w/ display @ $110

Comment

I've heard a bunch of stories about the innovative stuff going bad...and now my LC2 is bad also....put a new bosch sensor in and it goes bad in a week. Someone said the heater from the unit is bad and can burn out the sensors. ive been shopping around for an AEM. I've heard better things about them.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post

https://www.14point7.com/
            On my Holset c900 I chucked my LC1 in favor of the spartan, best decision ever. Easy wiring and best of all, no stupid calibration like the LC1 requires.
            '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Damn, that sounds good at $125. Im gonna have to look into these.
              Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
              On my Holset c900 I chucked my LC1 in favor of the spartan, best decision ever. Easy wiring and best of all, no stupid calibration like the LC1 requires.

Comment

Originally posted by kyleconstantine View Post
                I've heard a bunch of stories about the innovative stuff going bad..
                the first one i had blew something first day. i got a free replacement that lasted years and years. so... idk
                i've never calibrated it either after years and years

ordered that 14point7. i'm reading very good things.

Comment

+1 for Spartan SLC. I changed from the LC1 and was very happy. I can't remember which forum the owner (Alan?) of 14point7 is on, but he did tear-downs of competing products like the LC-2 and they were basically poorly designed poop with fancy-looking enclosures.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

it's this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X