No announcement yet.

325es noob build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Does the 027 motronic 1.0 log engine air/fuel data? I.e does it learn? Unplugged battery for chip change and the overall feel seems to be improving progressively. Not sure if it's just changes in air temp and humidity or what....

Comment

Update: Going in for CA smog Thursday. Need to rig up aux fan to my radiator since the fan clutch is toast. Hoping for good numbers but I am nervous! Putting stock chip back in and will be driving around a bit before hand. That is all!

Comment

Anyone ever just drill and tap these fan clutches when they go bad? Ideally I'd have 2 bolts so it's somewhat balanced, but seems like a cheap easy fix.

Comment

Passed emissions but failed the gas cap test, and they were unable to locate the numbers on my cat :/ I'm really hoping they are just full of grime. Any know if they are tricky to spot?
          Last edited by BFT_Boyle; 12-29-2016, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Put the car up on jacks. Definitely no eo number. Ordered a magnaflow 332005 cat. Supposedly 50 state legal. Really hoping this will do the trick...

Comment

Why would you need to order a new cat if it passed the emissions test??? Its probably still the original one.
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

They need to see the model number for the catalytic converter in CA? Even if it passes the sniffer?

That seems extreme to me. Glad I am done messing with cars and Cali smog.

Apart from that, I like whats going on in this thread!
                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  Why would you need to order a new cat if it passed the emissions test??? Its probably still the original one.
                  Apparently it has to have a manufacturing code stamped into it to verify it is "CA legal". https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/afterm...ftermktcat.htm

Comment

Also had a bad gas cap..Failed pressure test. But yeah my numbers are clean as can be!

Comment

That sucks about the smog dude, I just did my smog like 2 days ago and verily passed the NOx at 15 mph. California is full of shit with their carb bs, nothing but a scam.
                      First e30 - 1991 318i 4 door

Comment

Originally posted by z28 View Post
                        That sucks about the smog dude, I just did my smog like 2 days ago and verily passed the NOx at 15 mph. California is full of shit with their carb bs, nothing but a scam.
                        Yup. I'm sure the state makes manufacturers pay to register their products as carb compliant too. Well I've got 30 days to get a free retest. New cat will be here next Thurs. Gotta brush up on my welding skills.

Comment

Just doing my homework on this CA approved BS. Here is the approved list from official CARB website. I'll be handing this in when I return to smog with the new cat. Should be no question regarding the legality of my setup. One more week and I'll be commuting daily in my first e30 [emoji16]

Comment

Finally got around to changing my fuel filter. Is it normal to have injectors quiet down afterwards? I mean the filter I pulled wasn't that bad, but the new one was noticeably easier to blow through. Anyways, we have a decent chance of snow coming in the next few days and there isn't much to do until the new cat comes. Guess I'll just relax for a bit. Happy New year's !

Comment

Poor girl is cold!

Comment

New cat came in today and I swear it's the same one I have now. Only this one the numbers are still there where as mine were dragged/scratched off. I'm going to stop by the smog shop today and see if they will give me a pass on not having legible numbers on mine. I'd really rather not have to cut my exhaust apart :/

Comment

Working...
                                X