Buying a haus! (Ugh...PG. 9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a haus! (Ugh...PG. 9)

So, I'm planning on shacking up in the next year or so. Got custom plans drawn up by my brother and have a lot with a nice spot picked out.

What do now?

Anyone have advice on building your own house? I know some of you guys have to have done it.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

in california first step is become a millionaire

Comment

Uh....I hope you have a lot of money.
      1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
      2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
      2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

secret doors x 10000000. and a sex dungeon complete with torture well.

IT PUTS THE 20w50 OIL ON ITS SKIN!
        SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
        IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
        BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Put some tunnels in it
          1991 318i SOLD
          2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

Should be around $150k if we manage carefully. I have contacts all around the construction industry thru my brother who builds houses for a living.

S.O.'s step dad owns a flooring company.

...and I can DIY a lot of it. Big bro may even fly out and we can frame it together.

Comment

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
              secret doors x 10000000. and a sex dungeon complete with torture well.

IT PUTS THE 20w50 OIL ON ITS SKIN!
              Originally posted by unevolved View Post
              Put some tunnels in it
              I'm thinking detached garage with tunnel from the basement to the garage with trapdoor behind a bookcase or something so I can sneak out to the garage.

Comment

Secret mancave under kitchen with food elevator thing.
                SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

get multiple bids, research who your hiring. Check grading issues and neigborhood. Make sure no serial killers are around and pedos. make a basement, always wish I had one, and if you do make sure it's sealed well from water.
                  "I wanna see da boat movie"
                  "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
                    get multiple bids, research who your hiring. Check grading issues and neigborhood. Make sure no serial killers are around and pedos. make a basement, always wish I had one, and if you do make sure it's sealed well from water.
                    The lot is an old Christmas tree farm. It's about 2 acres I think, adjacent to my parents place (where the lift/workshop is, so no more driving there to work on shit, I can just walk).

We're renting some crackerbox turd house that was built in the 60s when all the factories moved to town. Neighbors are meh but I hate hate hate having neighbors.

I'll get pics of the plans up soon.

Comment

My mom's ex built his house when I was a kid. As a general rule, it'll probably cost more and take longer than whatever it is you start with as a plan, so be prepared for overages.

Be careful when removing trees from property, as all the excess moisture the trees used to consume can turn a normal piece of land into a swamp pretty quick.

Also, I recommend having unlimited access to a full size pickup truck.
                      '87 325is - Schwarz/Schwarz

Comment

Originally posted by Komzorz View Post
                        My mom's ex built his house when I was a kid. As a general rule, it'll probably cost more and take longer than whatever it is you start with as a plan, so be prepared for overages.

Be careful when removing trees from property, as all the excess moisture the trees used to consume can turn a normal piece of land into a swamp pretty quick.

Also, I recommend having unlimited access to a full size pickup truck.
                        This lot is a slight uphill for about 200 yards, then it drops for about 50 into a dip and goes back up another 100 to another hill. I want to build it on the first hill. This dip is far enough down that I have plenty of room to put a basement that opens out the back. Water typically turns that dip into a small stream. The hill has a lot of rock in it as well.

Septic field, there is plenty of room all around. Open fields in the next lot and plenty of open area in front of the house if some trees are removed.

Getting power back to the house will be about 200 yards of trenching, etc. Same with county water.

We're prepared. Trying to get my shit budgeted so I can hit the bank with detailed plans, etc. I estimate car repairs all day, so this is just a bigger estimate. House itself is pretty cut and dry. The excavation, utility hook up, etc, are the big variables.

Comment

Secret doors behind bookcases.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                            I'm thinking detached garage with tunnel from the basement to the garage with trapdoor behind a bookcase or something so I can sneak out to the garage.

actually do this. please.

Comment

If you guys need any help Michael and I know quite a bit about construction. We also have a bunch of contacts if you need anything!

Im always down to help out some evenings or Saturdays.

Comment

Working...
                              X