Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Careful letting your pooch run on hot asphalt! Lesson learned the hard way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little update, he has been laying low. Paws look OK, we're heading out now to the store so we're going to pick up some gauss pads and wrap em up.

I feel horrible
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Bag Balm. I had this happen to my Lab last summer.

Comment

Did the same thing to my lab last summer while playing ball hockey.

Lesson learned for sure.
          Just kept her off her feet in the house and no running for a few days.

mtech1/2jzgte/r154/275tire
          function>form

Comment

Well we're 24 hours in and he is already coming back to himself. Still limping, but we treated his paws earlier today and they already look 10x better. Plus he is willing to walk around finally.

Had to feed him watermelon earlier today to keep him hydrated. I'm pretty sure he has a dull aching pain. As before, no crying or whimpering, but he isn't himself and doesn't want to drink anything.
            No E30 Club
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
              his front drivers side paw.
              Lold
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the tip! Im keeping the dogs OFF the asphalt at all costs! Those temperatures that were posted above stating how hot the asphalt can get are NUTS!

Its great that you are taking care of it in such a caring manner!

I am sure he will be back to his old self in no time. If I made that mistake with one of our boys I am sure I would feel very guilty.

Comment

happened to my parents dog chasing my r/c car around. 1 one fine other had fucked up feet like your dog
                  "I wanna see da boat movie"
                  "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

give him a baby half a baby asprin my mother in laws dog runs away sometimes and the older dog will follow him and she runs her paws raw behind him, the baby asprin seems to help with the pain.

Comment

Well he's mostly back to normal. I'm impressed with how fast they are hardening up and healing. He's still very cautious about where he places his feet outside, but once inside you wouldn't even know anything had happened.
                      No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                        Bag Balm
                        My wife is allergic to bleach so when she come in contact with it it eats and blisters the skin on her finger tips. Bag balm is her friend. Messy, a lil funky, but it works
                        DENY IGNORANCE!
                        Schwarz 325-totaled
                        brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
                        don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

Working...
                        X