Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forza 4 Drivers' Challenge #21 - Vintage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like mid engined cars. Well except the real MR2 I drove that basicly wheelied mid corner when I got on the gas. TURBO LAG!
    I found the lancia to be a little slow it likes long sections you can connect. I think it to be a fun ring car.
    As for the challenge.....
    As usual I am bracketed. No mater what car I am in I get the same time times. I get 9 seconds the first lap and drop into the 4s the second......... and so on.
    sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
    The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

: / Looks like I'll only have time for this one shot...got in three flying laps:

1:02.629
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Killing me with these -2s times....

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
          Blashphemy101, I felt I should point out that mid-engined cars in real life turn in less sharply than front-engined cars. Less weight on the front wheels means less grip at turn-in. The benefits of the arrangement are balance mid-corner, weight transfer side to side, and progressiveness in a slide.

I'm also a fan of the small-and-light school of thought. But I guess I'm a bit biased surrounded by the cars in the shop.
          It just seems like the effect is somewhat over-done for some cars. The MR-2 someone else mentioned is a great example. It's terrible on turn-in...Worse than the older Porsches...

Yeah, I like the lighter cars too, but they just can't compete on some tracks. I think Tsukuba is much easier in a light car, though.
          The Great Big M20 Timing Belt DIY

Some good information I've found online (no affiliation):
          Turbo Tech (Garrett)
          Four-cycle information and cam properties for beginners (ISKY Racing Cams)

Comment

Working...
          X