Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For all those who want to visit/live in the desert.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all those who want to visit/live in the desert.

DON'T PUT ANYTHING ON THE GROUND!!
    I was out riding on some trails yesterday, my room mate decided it would be smart for her to test her quad skills and make a treck up a very, very steep hill. I've been riding since I was 9 (so 14 years now) and I wouldn't attempt it. She stalled on the hill so of course I rushed to help. Ended up dropping my helmet on the ground to rush up the hill. After we got her quad to the top of the hill I went back down to retrieve my freshly destroyed (from rolling down the hill) $300 scorpion helmet. The brand is suitable for what's about to happen. I put it on WITHOUT INSPECTION and a scorpion stung me in the neck (felt like someone stuck me in the neck with a red hot spike). Let's just say 5 minutes later I was having serious problems breathing, having extreme coughing fits, and nausea started up. So I was rushed to Urgent Care where they dragged me, very urgently mind you, to the back room where they began a lot of tests. By this time my whole neck is inflamed, feeling like it was on fire and it spreading down to my shoulders. I described the scorpion to them and found out it was from an Arizona Bark Scorpion which is the most venomous scorpion in North America....GREAT!!!! After they pumped me full of Epinephrine , Steroids, and a Tetnis shot I'm feeling better.

Lesson of the day: if you go to the desert and put anything on the ground, INSPECT IT THOROUGHLY BEFORE PUTTING IT BACK ON!!!
    Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

gnarly. glad you made it.

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Fuck dude. Was this North or South Phoenix? Or even Phoenix at all?
      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Holy shit... Fuck scorpions and things with more than four legs... Good to hear you're doing better, man! Best wishes from me!

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
          Holy shit... Fuck scorpions and things with more than four legs... Good to hear you're doing better, man! Best wishes from me!
          ^^^That. Glad you're okay man!

Comment

It was SE Phoenix on one of the infinite trails out here in San Tan Valley. Phoenix, Tempe, Mesa, Avondale is one thing, but shit gets real down here in the STV.
            Stay away from these fuckers

Comment

This is why I like North Phoenix. Lot fewer of those bastards.
              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Oh I hear ya. I'm moving to Tempe tomorrow so less of these bitches to worry about.

Comment

You get any scorpion powers?

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                  DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by slaterd View Post
                    Oh I hear ya. I'm moving to Tempe tomorrow so less of these bitches to worry about.
                    Tempe is marginally better, lol. they are almost non existent up here.

Comment

sounds like an awesome day!

Comment

You're lucky. Your throat could have closed up, and you'd be dead right now.

I bet if you had gone to an ER they would have intubated you to protect your air way. Those "doc in a box" places can't or won't do that kinda of thing(?) I bet they were debating weather they should even be treating you.

Glad you're ok.
                        Originally posted by Matt-B
                        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

At least you have a tough story to tell.
                          For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                          Originally posted by mbonanni
                          I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Glad your ok. Have yet to see one out herein the west valley.
                            my 88 325i sedan

sigpic

Comment

Congratulations!

You have passed the first test. You are almost ready to live with 2 females.
                              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Working...
                              X