No announcement yet.

2016 R3VLimited Secret Santa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im guessing skifree had me. still no gift...

guess we will exclude him next year

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

I just saw him post somewhere on R3v.

Lame.
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I don't feel like andrew would be the one to shaft someone on a gift. He's good people. You sure are salty about it though. Couple months and 2017 will be starting up.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Shouldn't be about how much one spent, but rather the integrity of the member who promised to participate, then ignores the issue - posting publicly to boot. At least say something, even if it's an apology/excuse/whatever.

My gifts are always worth far more monetarily than the max limit, but they are things I have accumulated and feel the SS will appreciate, and are worth less to "me" than the SS. Some of the past gifts have even been things like a good condition used Garret turbo, merchandise from race sponsors/vendors, hats. One years even sent a grab bag of always-needed shop supplies like zip ties, friction tape, heat shrink tubing, rags, decals for toolbox etc.

I enjoy these personally, have been late a couple times, but always stayed in contact. Karma is real. The shop landlord always talks about the tenants who are late on the lease actually will close the business doors, hide and not even answer phones. He loves the fact that the few times late in almost 7yr, I simply tell him what's going on. They all get 3day eviction notices, tells me just to catch it up by the following 1st of the month so the books don't get screwed up :)
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

^^^ well said ForcedFirebird

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
              I don't feel like andrew would be the one to shaft someone on a gift. He's good people. You sure are salty about it though. Couple months and 2017 will be starting up.
              I was told, he was the best person to get something from.

He emailed me, said he wanted pics of my car, i waited for sunny weather sent some. Months went by, i said whats up, he said he would send something else.

For me its more the principle, i made ornaments from bmw hotwheels for my person and sent other stuff. There is always 1 or 2 every year. I could care less about the gift it self, just want people to follow through. So others dont see this, and not participate due to some members not following through.

I guess i could take no panjo as my gift instead

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                He emailed me, said he wanted pics of my car, i waited for sunny weather sent some. Months went by, i said whats up, he said he would send something else.

Yes, this is on me.

As some know, I typically do a detailed illustration of the person's car as a gift.
                Admittedly this is an excuse, but when it took literally 5 months to get anything more than a tiny 200kb picture from you it rather dampened my ambition to take 40-50 hrs to do a proper illustration. If there was so little effort to even provide a photo, why would I want to put out the effort to draw something when it obviously wouldn't be appreciated?

Have had an alternative gift packed on my desk since mid-May. It will go out tomorrow. The situation has been disheartening, and I apologize for my lack of resolution.

-Andrew
                Last edited by SkiFree; 07-13-2017, 08:01 AM.
                ADAMS Autosport

Comment

been a week?

did it leave?

Comment

Andrew, Dude!
                    i know you made a killer gift for me and a few others. but this is ridiculous.
                    Much wow
                    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Machined shift knob.

thanks man

Ill get a pic of it

Comment

This looks like fun.
                        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

about that time

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

i want to be paired with someone different please

Comment

i want to be paired with someone different please
                              I know it sucks but that's just how it goes sometimes unfortunately, complaining about it won't do any good.

The best part is giving someone a gift in my opinion..

Comment

Machined shift knob.

thanks man

Ill get a pic of it
                                Still waiting for pictures, you ungrateful prick.
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X