No announcement yet.

Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift Movie Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i guess thats true.. well shit now im gonna go try and drift my 300 dollar 240 in a wet parking garage !!!!

Comment

there's too many accents in the movie
      '87 alpine white 325is

Comment

Oh yea...I agree there. The movie is far from perfect.

But, it was fun to watch, had a HELLUVA lot better plot line than 2...or rather, A plot, and some of the cars were cool.

Although that engine in a stang was kinda funky, that thing looked pretty damn badass! lol
        - Sean Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by Sean
          Although that engine in a stang was kinda funky, that thing looked pretty damn badass! lol
          I was reading on IMDb, something about it being a Nissan RB26DETT from an R34 Skyline?

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed
            I was reading on IMDb, something about it being a Nissan RB26DETT from an R34 Skyline?
            It was definately a Nissan engine. Yea, I think it was a Skyline that it came out of. if that's teh case, how they musta not put the front halfshafts in?
            - Sean Hayes

Comment

It was definately a Nissan engine. Yea, I think it was a Skyline that it came out of. if that's teh case, how they musta not put the front halfshafts in?
              who cares, they put alot of work into a beautiful car the they DESTROYED.

that was the only part of the movie that pissed me off.

I love how the main character runs into so much crap when he's learning to drift.

Comment

wasn't bad

im not normally into asian chicks but i can learn to like them more...yeah i agree the storyline (plot) was better then part two although the garage scene where all the cars and trucks came out running over all the pigs was sick, there wasn't alot of high tech nos squeezing special effects or visuals of the path of which nos travels from the bottle through the lines and so on...there were some parts that were way unrealistic...as sick as it would be in real life to drift through a bucket load of people in a crowded intersection, come on now, in real life bodies would be flying everwhere...overall i like the movie, made me wanna eat sushi off some naked...and why is it the only boobs we saw were hairy ones or gigantic sumo wrestler ones...

so when is Fast and the Furious: Got Canyons? Grip versus Drift...gonna come out.

Comment

Originally posted by E30trash

I love how the main character runs into so much crap when he's learning to drift.
                  This is true, that really bugged me.

He wrecked every car he drove! It realllllyyy started to get to me!

Anyone notice that they were able to just buff the black paint to a shine?? LOL
                  - Sean Hayes

Comment

This is true, that really bugged me.

He wrecked every car he drove! It realllllyyy started to get to me!

Anyone notice that they were able to just buff the black paint to a shine?? LOL
                    HAHA^ i did notice that. all they did was drop an engine in, put new wheels on, and had some fat asian guy with a huge buffer go to work!

i wish it was just that easy to make old paint look perfect.

im also amazed that it beat the nissan, naw' mean'?

Comment

HAHA^ i did notice that. all they did was drop an engine in, put new wheels on, and had some fat asian guy with a huge buffer go to work!

i wish it was just that easy to make old paint look perfect.

im also amazed that it beat the nissan, naw' mean'?
                      Haha...yea, I sat there and was like...

Wait a second...they didn't paint the car? WOW! Tha'ts ONE HELLUVA buffer!! LOL

Yea, I have to say that final race was far fetched, but it was kinda fun to watch.

Just thought of this - the part where the old dk is falling onto the road, and the mustang "drifts" around him - kind of a similar scene as when Vin Diseal flies over Paul Walker in the first one...hahaaa

so when is Fast and the Furious: Got Canyons? Grip versus Drift...gonna come out.
                      Hells yea! I would rock that movei! lol Now they just need to film a fast and furious on the ring!

Nah, what they need to do is think of something better, that name is pretty much overused now.
                      - Sean Hayes

Comment

Fast and the devious

I haven't seen the movie so I don't know how they destroyed the car but I can almost garuntee that the car they actually destroyed had very little work done to it. I'll probably get slammed for admitting this but I was on the set one night for the filming and they have a shitload of doubles for the main cars. There's the picture car which is the perfect one and then theres a bunch of others that are set up different ways to do different stunts, The car they destroyed was probably just a beater piece of shit with a half ass paint job.

Comment

The best is Vin Diesel showing up to race in a huge boat through tiny underground parking garages in Tokyo, which are designed for shoe boxes on wheels (like Bow-Wow's (waste of breath BTW)).

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

average.
                            Main dude was a munter. it wasn't even that funny and nothing really happened.

Yea there was some ok scenes and some nice cars. Pretty much what i expected. RB powered mustang was different. I was half expecting the dad to be in the car at the end, not mr. diesel.

Question for the school kids...
                            How many schools are like that one at the start with all the security? Schools around actually like that, or just hollywood?

Comment

Originally posted by Borat
                              average.
                              Main dude was a munter. it wasn't even that funny and nothing really happened.

Yea there was some ok scenes and some nice cars. Pretty much what i expected. RB powered mustang was different. I was half expecting the dad to be in the car at the end, not mr. diesel.

How many schools are like that one at the start with all the security? Schools around actually like that, or just hollywood?
                              There are a lot of high schools like that after 9/11.

BTW, although the movie was based in Japan, DK is Korean.
                              R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Originally posted by Borat
                                Many high schools do that. All schools inside major cities do pretty much, and lots in the suburbs thanks to the countless school shootings.

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

Working...
                                X