Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new fuel pump but,still has a dieing problem??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new fuel pump but,still has a dieing problem??

i have a 1989 325is w/new fuel pump..... this has been going on for some while now... usually when i have just ran it for about 15 - 20 minutes it wants to just shut off.. as if i turned the key to the off position... its weird ... it dosnt die like it is out of gas, it just boggs down and dies .... it almost feel electrical but dont hold it to it because it could be anything.. then after 20 - 30 seconds on the starter it cranks up.. its weird i sarted thinking it was water in the gas but every where i go it does it.. i run 93 all the time... i think it gets better gas milage on it... any remarks to the problem or possible answers??? thanks chris

Did it start with the new pump?

But that sympthon sounds like it could be a few things maybe even the DME.
    sigpic
    - 0.05s and 0.1s FTW!!!

Comment

Yea The Fuel Pump Fixed My Original Problem But Now It Has Developed This Problem Within The Last Four Months, I Drive A 20 Mile Loop A Day To And From School, It Dont Seem Like Its A Big Strain On It And It Is Becoming A Relialbility Issue For Me...?? Thanks

Comment

cheap stuff to try would be test for fuel delivery pressure, fuel pump relay, ignition relay... in my car it turned out to be the DME. THe way I foudn it was by borrowing a DME... the trouble went away.

Next time it happens, tap the DME. Sometimes the solder joints go bad and after heating up they expand and loose contact. Tapping the case sometimes takes care of it but intermedently

hows your ignition? good wires, plugs and rotors?
        sigpic
        - 0.05s and 0.1s FTW!!!

Comment

the dme sounds like my best bet i will probally redo the ignition sometime soon, but before i get the new dme

Comment

icv?
            Originally posted by blunt
            can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

good luck man... it can be a tedius job to trouble shoot this stuff, but once you fix it it feels good! I ended up rebuilding my ignition, fuel sys minus injectors, relays and fuses till I decided it was time to hit the DME... Should of done that first, cause the used DME cost me less than the new spark wires!
              sigpic
              - 0.05s and 0.1s FTW!!!

Comment

icv? how does that go bad?

Comment

they got gunk up inside. could try spraying it out with carb cleaner...
                  sigpic
                  - 0.05s and 0.1s FTW!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X