M20 pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20 pistons

I'm looking to do the M20 motor in my eta. I got everything but a head now and some odds and ends for it. If i put a "i" head in my eta bottom end the compression really drops and that would be fine if i was going to boost it. But i'm not. Or i could find a 323i head and put that on there. I found a 323i head at a junk yard but it was a e21 head that had the small ports in it. I really would like to have the i head so i can have large ports. Now my question is, who makes pistions for the M20's i found this site that can get them and they are JE pistons http://www.racetep.com/jebmw.html Is there any other places out there that has pistons for these motors?

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Leave it alone and buy the 85 323i fs in Richmond for 3800 obo. It's on C list.

Comment

If i had the extra money i'd pick it up http://richmond.craigslist.org/car/314291952.html I'm also thinking of just putting a "i" motor in my eta. But i got time to think about what i want to do to the car. I might just try to find the 323i head, it would be cheaper then buying new pistons.
      Last edited by JasonC; 04-25-2007, 08:28 PM.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

You can get supereta pistons from bavauto. That will give you good compression with 2.7 bottom end/2.5 top end.

Will
        RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
        Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
        DaveCN = Old Man
        My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
        If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

What about the modded 200 eta head that had the I stuff in it already.

Comment

I found a 731 head and waiting to see what shipping would be on it. I'll chech into the supereta pistons also.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

If I were gonna keep an M20, I would aim for the Metric Mechanic 10:1 pistons.

I really like the "Non-interference" design.

Luke

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

How much do they run for? And who has them? And for the 200 head, i don't really want it cause of the small intake ports.
                Last edited by JasonC; 04-26-2007, 10:19 AM.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

If you are interested in an e30 323i motor email Paul @ lilco485@hotmail.com. Tell him that Tom Winston gave you his email and ask how much. I know he has one - no idea how much he wants for it though. He knows they are more rare over here but he's also into the 24v 5'er cars & motors so who knows.

He's also got a 1991 m42 318i 4-dr sedan for sale for like $1,200 - needs a bit of motor & cosmetic work but it's a pretty clean car. He's in Concord, NH.

Comment

Originally posted by winstontj View Post
                    If you are interested in an e30 323i motor email Paul @ lilco485@hotmail.com. Tell him that Tom Winston gave you his email and ask how much. I know he has one - no idea how much he wants for it though. He knows they are more rare over here but he's also into the 24v 5'er cars & motors so who knows.

He's also got a 1991 m42 318i 4-dr sedan for sale for like $1,200 - needs a bit of motor & cosmetic work but it's a pretty clean car. He's in Concord, NH.
                    Thanks, but i'm just wanting a head of of a 323i. I want to keep my 2.7 and not go smaller.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Reaktionär View Post
                      How much do they run for? And who has them? And for the 200 head, i don't really want it cause of the small intake ports.
                      Enjoy browsing through the site.

I have purchased the pistons & rods for the 3200 Rally engine and can tell you that the pistons are a work of art - very good quality.

Comment

Thanks for the link i'll be looking around on there.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

I'm willing to sell my forged 10.2:1 pistons. brand new. $575. I'm not doing a stroker (I have to get my bike finished, my dd needs a bunch of stuff, etc. Metric mechanics sells their pistons for $1050 for a set of 6
                          Originally posted by blunt
                          can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
                            I'm willing to sell my forged 10.2:1 pistons. brand new. $575. I'm not doing a stroker (I have to get my bike finished, my dd needs a bunch of stuff, etc. Metric mechanics sells their pistons for $1050 for a set of 6
                            So on those pistons i can use a i head and eta rods and crank in my eta block?

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
                              So, since I am not a bitch like that, make sure you buy these TO-fucking-DAY or I am all over that like Condoleeza Rice on free fried chicken...

Luke

Closing SOON!
                              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X