Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a PA car: 1987 325is, Zinnoberrot over Pearl Beige

Hey guys -

So, this is a huge needle in a haystack. I'm aware - I don't need discouragement in the form of ill-wishes and naysayers. ;) Above all else, this is just an exercise in "fun."

A little background: I'm a writer and have done a few projects in the past documenting the history of my car, an Alpine White '87 325is. I'm big on preservation and have done quite a bit of detective work to learn about the ownership history of my car. Now, I want to see if I can find its production line "sibling" for my next story. Wouldn't mind seeing if it's for sale, either!

The car I'm hunting for is a 1987 325is, Zinnerberrot over Pearl Beige. The VIN number is WBAAA1304H2322544. The car has lived in PA all of its life, if I'm to believe CheckMyRide.com (cool site if you haven't used it). The towns it mentions are:

-Reinholds
    -Reading
    -Birdsboro
    -Saint Peters

And now, I'm asking if any of you have encountered such a vehicle in your travels. I realize it's possible the car itself is no longer on the road, but if it has indeed remained in such a small area, I figure there's a good chance one of you might know of a car meeting this description.

Hope this all makes sense and thanks for any leads.

-Jeff
    Feedback: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=254176

Do you have any idea what date it was registered in any of those towns? I've lived here 30 years, and have been into e30's for 13+ years, so I know just about everyone in this area with one. I drive through Reinholds, Reading, and Birdsboro every day on my commute to work.

I've actually owned two zinno 87 325is's, one a friend of mine crashed that I bought and parted, and another one I bought from the original owner and raced for a few years. Neither should have been registered in those specific towns though. I do know the current owner of my track car, I could ask him to check the VIN. I don't think I have any paper trails of the one I parted though to get the VIN from.

Unfortunately, zinno 87 325is's are pretty damn common. If you get any leads that you want me to check, feel free to PM me.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Now that I think about it, the track car I bought was black interior, and I bought it from the original owner bone stock, so that's a no-go. I have a ton of pics on my home computer of all the parts I sold from the other parts car, which was pearl beige. I'll see if any of them have a VIN tag.
      85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
      e30 restoration and V8 swap
      24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Working...
      X