Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sina's BMW 318i: Project Re-Shell & Beyond! (Starting Page 46)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heck yea dude i run 2.93 and 3.25. so much better for freeway driving. downfalls are you can do 50 in first almost lol

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
    Ig:ryno_pzk
    I like the tuna here.
    Originally posted by lambo
    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Where in LA did you end up and where are you working? 35 miles each way can be brutal down here
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The 3.73 is ok with the m20. I do 100 miles daily and I wish it was a little longer.

Comment

I been wondering same thing. My free way driving isn't bad at all. When i was at 75mph it was like 3k. Don't know what i got will have to look, but i know it needs replace cause its not and LSD and leaks horribly

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
            I been wondering same thing. My free way driving isn't bad at all. When i was at 75mph it was like 3k. Don't know what i got will have to look, but i know it needs replace cause its not and LSD and leaks horribly
            Yeah that sounds like a much different experience at 75mph - for me its around 4-4.5k

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
            The 3.73 is ok with the m20. I do 100 miles daily and I wish it was a little longer.
            Sorry I'm such a noob with M20's, is that what comes stock on M20s?
            Also - you live in SD now? And where do you commute that's 100 miles?

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Where in LA did you end up and where are you working? 35 miles each way can be brutal down here
            Hey Simon, congrats! I'm temporarily staying around Diamond Bar, but work in DTLA. I'm looking at Santa Monica, Culver City, Hollywood, and Westwood. We should grab a drink next week so you can drop some knowledge.

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
            heck yea dude i run 2.93 and 3.25. so much better for freeway driving. downfalls are you can do 50 in first almost lol
            Haha but you have TARBO

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

You should find something in Santa Monica/ Culver City because then you have a straight shot down the 10 to work and you would be mostly opposite of traffic. I dont have too much free time, but I might be heading to the Aliso Viejo C&C this saturday. Meet me there, its an easy drive for you
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                Sorry I'm such a noob with M20's, is that what comes stock on M20s?
                Also - you live in SD now? And where do you commute that's 100 miles?
                Yeah, 3.73 is stock. Does something like 3300rpm at 75. Technically im just off highway 76.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  You should find something in Santa Monica/ Culver City because then you have a straight shot down the 10 to work and you would be mostly opposite of traffic. I dont have too much free time, but I might be heading to the Aliso Viejo C&C this saturday. Meet me there, its an easy drive for you
                  going to be driving down to SD Friday after work to visit gf for weekend, hope we can find sometime in the next month though.

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                  Yeah, 3.73 is stock. Does something like 3300rpm at 75. Technically im just off highway 76.
                  interesting.

another quick question - 3.73 would be way too short with an s50/s52?

(planning on swapping in near future)

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                  1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

depends on what trans you were running. g240 is 1 to 1 final drive but others are not. also i ran those tall ratios on a stock m42. it wasn't bad at all

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                    Ig:ryno_pzk
                    I like the tuna here.
                    Originally posted by lambo
                    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post

another quick question - 3.73 would be way too short with an s50/s52?

(planning on swapping in near future)
                      Its not too bad with a g260 transmission, if you're in town ill give you a ride sometime!
                      Follow me on instagram @arda.e30

Comment

Originally posted by ArdaMK2 View Post
                        Its not too bad with a g260 transmission, if you're in town ill give you a ride sometime!
                        Yo - would love that. I don't think we live that far apart?

I'm currently in Diamond Bar, work in DTLA.

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

I have the G260+ 3.73LSD combo. Its perfectly fine
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                          X