X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
    I was rich for 12 hours :P
    :rofl:

I feel rich whenever theres money leftover in my PayPal acct.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      :rofl:

I feel rich whenever theres money leftover in my PayPal acct.
      I still have a bit left over, but not enough to cover brackets, harnesses and cage materials/hardware
      '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
      Shadetree30

Comment

Yea crossing over into the fuhraze world and doing it right is NOT cheap. Why do you think I only have ONE seat in my car right now??
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Yea crossing over into the fuhraze world and doing it right is NOT cheap. Why do you think I only have ONE seat in my car right now??
          Dudeeee tell me about it. I could've bought one recaro or sparco with that cash, but I know I still won't be able to afford a matching seat anytime soon... I really need to start hustling and selling all the parts I don't need anymore to afford this next phase. I'd really like to finish this up and just put funds towards driving events and tires for a while.
          Shadetree30

Comment

Dudeeee tell me about it. I could've bought one recaro or sparco with that cash, but I know I still won't be able to afford a matching seat anytime soon... I really need to start hustling and selling all the parts I don't need anymore to afford this next phase. I'd really like to finish this up and just put funds towards driving events and tires for a while.

Thats basically where Im at, I decided to skip the ~$1000 that a passenger seat would cost when you factor the seat itself plus the rail, harness, etc and I will just upgrade my current stuff in a year or two and move the current stuff over to that side.
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Started by cutting holes in the bumper again :D

Wow thats a much better way of doing that then what I was planning to do. (I was planning for the more of a redneck "take my cordless drill and hope I get lucky lining everything up" process.) Thanks for showing me the proper way to do that. Now I just need to go out and buy a drill press... ;)

Comment

im stoked that i was able to find someone local that had the seats so you were able to sit in them

do it right the first time

-
                Project
                Parts for Sale
                Feedback
                YouTube Channel

Comment

Passenger is going to be getting a Sport seat in my car and it's non-negotiable :rofl:

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                    Passenger is going to be getting a Sport seat in my car and it's non-negotiable :rofl:
                    you're nicer than me. I was considering a comfort seat at best for now
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by iwantspeed View Post
                      im stoked that i was able to find someone local that had the seats so you were able to sit in them

do it right the first time
                      Me too! Thanks again for that lead. I was very apprehensive to just buy a seat not knowing the fit.

Thats basically where Im at, I decided to skip the ~$1000 that a passenger seat would cost when you factor the seat itself plus the rail, harness, etc and I will just upgrade my current stuff in a year or two and move the current stuff over to that side.
                      Originally posted by ak- View Post
                      you're nicer than me. I was considering a comfort seat at best for now
                      Wow you guys are ruthless :D My automotive OCD would've crippled me if I did that. Also I want to be able to at least give the illusion to a passenger that it's safe to ride, then scare them to death ;D

Originally posted by kts View Post
                      Wow thats a much better way of doing that then what I was planning to do. (I was planning for the more of a redneck "take my cordless drill and hope I get lucky lining everything up" process.) Thanks for showing me the proper way to do that. Now I just need to go out and buy a drill press... ;)
                      Hahaha I'm always supportive of buying new tools for a project! But fwiw I used a cordless drill the first time I did holes like this in the bumper (prior to the accident) and they came out just as nice. The end result is all in the prep and making VERY precise measurements and pilot holes.
                      Shadetree30

Comment

Updates

Decided to go back to boosted brakes....

Got a new ate 944 booster, shortened and threaded the shaft and welded another offset clevis (since the booster is mounted 1/2" offset for IM clearance)

Finished reinstalling the brake booster and changed back to the stock brake MC.
                        How is the clearance with the intake manifold/booster now. I'm currently 1/2" over as well and have the porsche booster modified and waiting for install next. I was wondering if i should go back to the original location, but I kind of think I'll just reuse the modified clevis and holes.

also: why did you go back to stock brake MC? you were running an e28 or 750 correct?
                        89 325i 4dr s52
                        02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
                        21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

Originally posted by s14brent View Post
                          How is the clearance with the intake manifold/booster now. I'm currently 1/2" over as well and have the porsche booster modified and waiting for install next. I was wondering if i should go back to the original location, but I kind of think I'll just reuse the modified clevis and holes.

also: why did you go back to stock brake MC? you were running an e28 or 750 correct?
                          Sorry I missed your comment until now. Clearance with the m50 IM, porsche 944 booster and offset 1/2" is about 1/4". I had to slide it over or else it wouldn't clear. I also shaved fins on the IM.

I was on a boosterless setup with a 22mm MC. It worked great, but just wasn't right for a car that is still driven a lot on the street. I can definitely see that it would probably be fantastic on track with aggressive pads. You have absolute control over braking since literally the harder you press the harder you stop.

I am considering stepping up to a 24mm or 25mm MC though. Pedal travel is a bit long and soft with the booster back on and the wilwood bbk up front. I'm also not really sure I'm getting full braking performance from the rear. With a larger MC it'll spike rear pressure/move more fluid (not sure what the right technical terminology is) which I can adjust down with the prop valve if necessary.

In other news I pulled out the old sliders from my original tan comfort seats which have been just sitting outside for ~3 years. They need a bit of TLC. I already cleaned them up quite well, just need to hit them with some paint.

Massive side mount to oem slider seat mounts arrived. Now just waiting for the seats which "should" arrive in the second half of January.

Shadetree30

Comment

I need an update! - Specifically the details on your AN power steering setup...so I can copy it haha
                            sigpic

89' 325is - Alpine

Comment

Originally posted by VBe30 View Post
                              I need an update! - Specifically the details on your AN power steering setup...so I can copy it haha
                              I am literally working on it right now. I'll post an update soon. Should have it wrapped up by this weekend. Somehow the time has just been getting away from me recently.
                              Shadetree30

Comment

make sure you're ready by 2/18
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X