No announcement yet.

AWDBOB's Newest AWD- Heidi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I agree, it's better to be reasonable. I seem to never be able to own less than two cars at a time, and having 5 at one point was such a burden and nothing ever got done because of time.

You need to tune the FXT if for nothing else, than for MPG. I went from 18-21mpg to 27-31 in the WRX, and getting an extra couple of HP is well worth it. With the price of premium you could offset the tactrix cable or accessport pretty quickly

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
      No, I agree, it's better to be reasonable. I seem to never be able to own less than two cars at a time, and having 5 at one point was such a burden and nothing ever got done because of time.

You need to tune the FXT if for nothing else, than for MPG. I went from 18-21mpg to 27-31 in the WRX, and getting an extra couple of HP is well worth it. With the price of premium you could offset the tactrix cable or accessport pretty quickly
      I've always had the same issue with car quantity, when in the end, 3 is the perfect number (and is what I'll be down to when the iX is gone). One daily (FXT), one track/street car (iS), and one show car (M3).

Honestly, I just don't have anyone who I trust out here to t00n. Everyone "dyno" tunes in my area, which is worthless for drivability, MPG, etc. They all charge $500 and leave you with a tune that looks cool on an uncorrected Dynojet printout and is worthless elsewhere. And Cobb tunes are even more worthless at that.

No one thoroughly street tunes any more. I've been looking for someone to do an economy tune you speak of for a while to no avail
      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Well if you ever make it out to Colorado Springs, come by the shop. Been tuning Subarus longer than BMWs. Was a sponsored rallyX driver for a while in an 04 STi.

Comment

Well if you ever make it out to Colorado Springs, come by the shop. Been tuning Subarus longer than BMWs. Was a sponsored rallyX driver for a while in an 04 STi.
          That's awesome, right on man. I need to get out there in a bimmer first, then I'll shoot for the Scoob! BTW I'm still preparing your midwest 6 pack!

Comment

Haha same here. I've collected a few, but had to give some up for my dad's birthday which just passed. Cheers!

Comment

Haha same here. I've collected a few, but had to give some up for my dad's birthday which just passed. Cheers!
              Cheers!

Comment

How about an overdue update?

Heidi is still doing great- she only needed a few things before she gets put up for sale. Shift linkage, Z3 shifter, rear endlinks, updated SSSquid/Bimmerheads chip, new hubcentric rings (Thanks again Motorsport hardware!), pass seat refresh, etc etc. She is now living her best life. Every time I get under this car I am reminded of how wonderfully clean it is. This car is special. Driving it, it feels perfect, but with character. Just as it would have been, but with all of the complimentary mods to make it what it should've been from the factory. This car is 98% rust free which always amazes me, the 2% is light battery corrosion that only occurred in the last few years the car has been in PA. This car has the cleanest factory engine bay out of any E30 I've owned. Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr

Comment

[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                    [emoji106][emoji106]
                    :) this car will certainly be a keeper for the next owner, it's a special one.

Comment

great looking car. Just picked one up myself and I'm trying to decide on engine mods/swaps. How was it after the head/cam/injector/chip upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by tallpaul View Post
                        great looking car. Just picked one up myself and I'm trying to decide on engine mods/swaps. How was it after the head/cam/injector/chip upgrade?
                        Thanks!

At first I was extremely disappointed with the cylinder head swap, but knew something was off.

I ended up getting rebuilt M50 injectors and matching it with the updated SSSquid tune made specifically for this head/cam combo and the car came alive. It's a blast to drive now, and I'm quite happy with the setup.

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                          Thanks!

At first I was extremely disappointed with the cylinder head swap, but knew something was off.

I ended up getting rebuilt M50 injectors and matching it with the updated SSSquid tune made specifically for this head/cam combo and the car came alive. It's a blast to drive now, and I'm quite happy with the setup.
                          that's good to hear. I plan to turbo later, but looking for something to hold me over until then. You have soon butt
                          dyno numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by tallpaul View Post
                            that's good to hear. I plan to turbo later, but looking for something to hold me over until then. You have soon butt
                            dyno numbers?
                            I think this would be a perfect addition, as it will also benefit you down the line when you go turbo. The only thing I would do differently now (and since have on my iS): I would go with a Schrick or a Billet (IE, Bimmerheads) 272 as opposed to the regrind.

Talk to ForcedFirebird about doing a cylinder head.

Comment

Update: She is sold!

This babe is finished and up for sale!

DSC_0422 by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                              DSC_0426 by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                              DSC_0427 by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                              DSC_0439 by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                              DSC_0435 by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                              IMG_2459 by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                              IMG_2458 by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                              DSC_0382 by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                              DSC_0380 by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                              DSC_0389 by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                              DSC_0391 by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                              DSC_0393 by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                              DSC_0367 by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                              DSC_0357 by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                              DSC_0352 by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                              DSC_0344 by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                              Last edited by AWDBOB; 11-21-2018, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X