Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who wants an e30 enthusiast for a roommate commutable distance from NYC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who wants an e30 enthusiast for a roommate commutable distance from NYC?

Hey r3v,

So I just got job in mid-town NYC about 3 months ago. I am from central Jersey so living at home is no longer an option, its too far of a commute. I was wondering if any r3ver's in North Jersey or possibly Brooklyn/queens were looking for a roommate? A little bit about myself I am 23, and I work for a digital media agency in the city. So I'm gone from probably around 8 to 8 during the work week. I am originally from New Jersey, and went to college at St. Joe's in Philly. As far as hobbies goes I like soccer and work on my car from time to time. All my friends and girlfriend live in down town hoboken so we tend to go out at least once over the weekend but other than that I'm very laid back and pretty easy to get along with.

Anyone? I'm just starting out so I'm not looking to spend much on rent figure $500 to $800? Cheaper the better, gotta buy go fast parts duh.

Thanks,
    Brent
    Last edited by Brezzi; 02-17-2014, 09:30 PM.

Hey Brent...where in the city do you work? You might want to check out the financial district, some of my coworkers live there because they say rent is decent.

Comment

Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
      Hey Brent...where in the city do you work? You might want to check out the financial district, some of my coworkers live there because they say rent is decent.
      I work in mid town(53rd & 7th) I don't really want to live in manhattan though, because you just can't have a car. I'd like to keep it in jersey but I would be open to some of the other less dense boroughs of new york.

Comment

Financial district might be cheap by manhattan standards, but its next to impossible to get even a 1BR for under $2k/mo
        I like cats.

Comment

Originally posted by Brezzi View Post
          I work in mid town(53rd & 7th) I don't really want to live in manhattan though, because you just can't have a car. I'd like to keep it in jersey but I would be open to some of the other less dense boroughs of new york.
          Originally posted by ME30W View Post
          Financial district might be cheap by manhattan standards, but its next to impossible to get even a 1BR for under $2k/mo
          I agree on both accounts. I used to live in Fort Lee, right next to the GWB. Keep your car and as close as you can get to the city.

Im on 40th/3rd. Also work in a media company

Comment

Check out Brooklyn... I've lived in my neighborhood for 3 years now with a car without an issue. Have to be comfortable with street parking though.
            I like cats.

Comment

Brooklyn market has boomed over the last 3-4 years. I dont think you can find anything there but def worth looking into.

Comment

Brooklyn market has boomed over the last 3-4 years. I dont think you can find anything there but def worth looking into.
                Looking at a place there on Weds!

Comment

I agree on both accounts. I used to live in Fort Lee, right next to the GWB. Keep your car and as close as you can get to the city.

Im on 40th/3rd. Also work in a media company
                  Sick I'm over at MEC who do you work for?

Comment

Originally posted by Brezzi View Post
                    Sick I'm over at MEC who do you work for?
                    Network side, Univision.

Comment

Yep rents here in BK are insane. I live in Williamsburg and your lucky to get a 1 bedroom for under 1,500.
                      -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

If your serious pm me my roommate is moving out right now and need a new one I'm asking 1300 a month and live downtown Brooklyn
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jrockbk View Post
                          If your serious pm me my roommate is moving out right now and need a new one I'm asking 1300 a month and live downtown Brooklyn
                          Thanks but ended up putting a deposit down on a place in Jersey City today.

Comment

Working...
                          X